Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vinyl tile cleaner?

I'm looking for a strong cleaner for linoleum and vinyl tile. Biggest
problem is the tile installer smeared tile cement along many of the seams
between tiles. A "Magic Eraser" helps remove it but takes a great deal of
scrubbing and wears out the expensive pads quickly. Goof Off barely worked.

Suggestions please? I looked in Walmart today but didn't see anything.
Bought Kaboom liquid cleaner but don't expect much success.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/16/2016 12:14 PM, KenK wrote:
I'm looking for a strong cleaner for linoleum and vinyl tile. Biggest
problem is the tile installer smeared tile cement along many of the seams
between tiles. A "Magic Eraser" helps remove it but takes a great deal of
scrubbing and wears out the expensive pads quickly. Goof Off barely worked.

Suggestions please? I looked in Walmart today but didn't see anything.
Bought Kaboom liquid cleaner but don't expect much success.

Test in an inconspicuous area to see how well these work for you.

1. Scotch scrubbing pads. They're a lot better for this type of work
than a Magic eraser, and will last longer. In fact, their floor
cleaning machine pads are made from the same product.

2. Straight ammonia is a heck of a solvent for getting a lot of stuff
off vinyl and linoleum floors. Put a spoonful over a small section of
the cement, wait five-ten minutes, then scrub it off, see if it
helped. If so, ventilate the area very well and keep at it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 16 Nov 2016 18:14:18 GMT, KenK wrote:

I'm looking for a strong cleaner for linoleum and vinyl tile. Biggest
problem is the tile installer smeared tile cement along many of the seams
between tiles. A "Magic Eraser" helps remove it but takes a great deal of
scrubbing and wears out the expensive pads quickly. Goof Off barely worked.

Suggestions please? I looked in Walmart today but didn't see anything.
Bought Kaboom liquid cleaner but don't expect much success.

TIA

I knew a floor installer who used charcoal lighter fluid to clean off
dried adhesive. But that was years ago. THe adhesive may not be the same
now. But it's worth a try. Of course do it safely. It is flammable!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 16 Nov 2016 18:14:18 GMT, KenK wrote:

I'm looking for a strong cleaner for linoleum and vinyl tile. Biggest
problem is the tile installer smeared tile cement along many of the seams
between tiles.

Call the stink-eye installer back and make his ass clean it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK wrote in
:

I'm looking for a strong cleaner for linoleum and vinyl tile. Biggest
problem is the tile installer smeared tile cement along many of the
seams between tiles. A "Magic Eraser" helps remove it but takes a
great deal of scrubbing and wears out the expensive pads quickly. Goof
Off barely worked.

Suggestions please? I looked in Walmart today but didn't see anything.
Bought Kaboom liquid cleaner but don't expect much success.

TIA

Discovered that Goof Off spray applied with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pad
takes it right off. Does not seem to loosen tiles or cause other
problems.

Tile grout cleaner... mark UK diy 16 June 19th 14 04:55 PM
non-toxic tile roof cleaner? Edward Reid Home Repair 2 May 31st 13 07:58 PM
Tile Grout Cleaner David Nebenzahl Home Repair 0 May 17th 08 06:57 AM
Vinyl tile over sheet vinyl residue? Donald Gares Home Repair 1 July 5th 05 05:50 PM
Bathroom Tile Cleaner Robert UK diy 0 December 1st 03 09:22 PM