Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I use pressure treated wood inside?

replying to Doug Kanter, ganeden wrote:
The wood that was treated in the 50's yes, the dark brown often black colored
wood. The same wood treated and used as telephone poles throughout the 50's,
60's, 70's and into the 80's. YES, that wood is caustic.

However the new CCA treatment is less caustic, less irritable in consideration
to allergies. IT DOES HAVE the CCA process and residue within the fiber of the
grain so it SHOULD NOT BE USED as an INTERIOR product. 1 side of the product
needs to be to the elements of air, otherwise it WILL MOLD. The CCA treated
wood CAN NOT BE USED AS A HEATING SOURCE for it is arsenic based and WILL
CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS. look into Boy Scouts of America VS USN

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...de-518895-.htm