IRONDOG

Default New lights, noisy ballast- it's annoying.

I just installed some new Lithonia 8' high output fluorescent fixtures in my
shop and noticed after a couple day's use that one of them has quite a noisy
hum coming from it's ballast. Would I be correct in assuming that a new
light shouldn't have a noisy ballast? Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry

--
IRONDOG
www.snowmobileswapmeet.com

Joseph Meehan

IRONDOG wrote:
I just installed some new Lithonia 8' high output fluorescent
fixtures in my shop and noticed after a couple day's use that one of
them has quite a noisy hum coming from it's ballast. Would I be
correct in assuming that a new light shouldn't have a noisy ballast?
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry

My experience is that these lights do have noisy ballast. Not as bad as
some, but still they are not what I would call quiet. However I'm keeping
mine. I like the light. If I need a replacement I will try to find
something with electronic ballast.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

m Ransley

Since its only one of the group return it or call the mnfg. perhaps a
ground is missing, loose connection

SQLit

"IRONDOG" wrote in message
I just installed some new Lithonia 8' high output fluorescent fixtures in

my
shop and noticed after a couple day's use that one of them has quite a

noisy
hum coming from it's ballast. Would I be correct in assuming that a new
light shouldn't have a noisy ballast? Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry

--
IRONDOG
www.snowmobileswapmeet.com
www.dirtbikeswapmeet.com

Verify that they are grounded properly. This can be an issue with some
electronic ballasts.

HO and VHO have never been noted for being quiet. That is why they are
usually mounted in areas that it is not an issue.

Do they quiet down after they get warm?