Curmudgeon

Default New lights, noisy ballast- it's annoying.

I may be wrong, but my recollection is that all of the units with T-8, high
output tubes HAVE an electronic ballast. Irondog's just got a bad one.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
IRONDOG wrote:
I just installed some new Lithonia 8' high output fluorescent
fixtures in my shop and noticed after a couple day's use that one of
them has quite a noisy hum coming from it's ballast. Would I be
correct in assuming that a new light shouldn't have a noisy ballast?
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry

My experience is that these lights do have noisy ballast. Not as bad

as
some, but still they are not what I would call quiet. However I'm keeping
mine. I like the light. If I need a replacement I will try to find
something with electronic ballast.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math