Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roger Redford

Default Solid Oak or Maple Laminate for kitchen cabinet doors

Dear experts,

My latest project is refinishing the kitchen.

I've decided to keep the existing cabinets, and
have painted them. But I'm thinking of changing
the doors.

At Home Depot, I saw, in the same section as the
melamine, what they called a pine laminate.

This are long pieces of pine, edge glued together
to form a flat board. The same effect is seen in
a solid wood table top.

I like this idea, of using real wood laminate for
the cabinet doors. But but I'm not fond of pine.
I could make them myself, but I would have to buy
the tools, and take the time to build the boards,
before finally getting to making the doors.

Does anyone know where I could buy a similar, solid wood,
edge glued laminate? But, made out of oak or maple?
I live in the Boston area.

Also, do I have the right term? Does this product go by
another name? (not oak/maple laminate?)

Thanks a lot