Coconut

Default Cleaning Carpet

I have a light colored carpet, about 10 years old. It's in pretty good
shape except for one area about 10x20 which is getting a little dirty.
Recently I got some Popsicle stains in a couple places on this rug. I
cleaned off the stains nicely by pouring very hot water on them, then
blotting up with towels, setting a very heavy object on the towels so they
would soak up the water. The stains are gone but now there are a couple
circles of clean carpet which are quite obvious.

Now, how do I clean the rest of that area. Are there any good machines
which can be purchased which will do a job like this? What about renting
one of those machines at a hardware store? Those things tend to be
filthy, also, I'm concerned the water isn't hot enough and they leave a
lot of soap residue, and their suction isn't very strong.

Or am I better off calling a professional paying them maybe $80 just to
clean that area?

What about stuff like Glory where you mop it in, let it dry then vacuum of
the residue. Do you get satisfactory results from this?

We use a Bissel carpet cleaner and it does a great job. Got it at
Kmart for about 80 bucks. The only things I don't like about it are
that its kinda hard to clean out properly and it also has no
attachments, but for the price, its a good deal. Its taken up
everything from chocolate stains to cat puke. lol
Check out:
http://www.kmart.com/product/index.j...t Page=family

Walt Conner

We have use different "Nationally known Professional" cleaners and rented
floor shampoers neither did a good job nor lasted for any period of time.
Last year we bought a Hoover Steam Vac shampoer. We are very pleased with it
and have much better results initially and stays clean looking much longer
than when using a professional service or rental units. These are a little
expensive but we bought it after talking to people who had tried various
other brands and price range cleaners. I figure it has paid for its' self
already by doing our carpets twice and our son's.

Walt Conner