john

Default Andersen windows - difference in quality?

I am having my windows replaced by a contractor who is doing other
work for me.

At one point I suggested that he (the contractor) could pick up the
windows at Home Depot. He stated that the windows at Home Depot were
of an inferior quality and that his supplier had the better made ones.

I thought Andersen made the same quality windows available to all its
customers. Is the contractor correct, or is he just trying to
overcharge me?

TIA to all who reply.

John
Art

Check the Andersen site for features. Regarding similar quality Pella
windows Lowes sells only the low end of Pella windows but the quality is the
same.... only difference is features and design. The Pella doors they sell
are identical quality and features as at Pella stores but variety of glass
designs is different. I ended up buying Pella windows at a Pella store
because I wanted the special features not available at Lowes but I save a
grand buying a door at Lowes instead of at the Pella store.

"john" wrote in message
om...
I am having my windows replaced by a contractor who is doing other
work for me.

At one point I suggested that he (the contractor) could pick up the
windows at Home Depot. He stated that the windows at Home Depot were
of an inferior quality and that his supplier had the better made ones.

I thought Andersen made the same quality windows available to all its
customers. Is the contractor correct, or is he just trying to
overcharge me?

TIA to all who reply.

John

m Ransley

Does HD carry Anderson , If you get Anderson low E Argon wood frame,
Thats what you buy anywhere.

Nate B

"john"

He stated that the windows at Home Depot were
of an inferior quality and that his supplier had the better made ones.

He probably pulls a larger profit for himself if you use his supplier.

I thought Andersen made the same quality windows available to all its
customers. Is the contractor correct, or is he just trying to
overcharge me?

HD stocks many Andersen's 200 series in the store. You can order the 400
series through them. The 200 series windows are basically a streamlined
manf/delivery process where the most popular and inexpensive options are
packaged together. Little to no choice of color, glass, and/or window
combinations, for example. The 400 series is pretty much the same window,
but more customizable.

They are all great windows, and Andersen service is great. Not sure you
will find a better price than through HD, either.

- Nate