L. M. Rappaport

Default Andersen windows - difference in quality?

On 31 Mar 2004 06:16:40 -0800, (john) wrote
(with possible editing):

I am having my windows replaced by a contractor who is doing other
work for me.

At one point I suggested that he (the contractor) could pick up the
windows at Home Depot. He stated that the windows at Home Depot were
of an inferior quality and that his supplier had the better made ones.

I thought Andersen made the same quality windows available to all its
customers. Is the contractor correct, or is he just trying to
overcharge me?

TIA to all who reply.

John

FWIW,

When I built the addition to this place, I ended up replacing
all the windows with Andersen. I priced them at all the major yards
including Home Depot. For some reason, the cheapest price was a local
yard, where I was able to buy all the framing lumber as well - kd
western - and clear pine for our moldings. The price was within $100
of the lowest price I received in New Hampshire. Framing lumber at
Home Depot was without question, the worst I've ever seen.

We specified model numbers, so I don't believe there was any
wiggle room.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com