m Ransley

Default Flat roof coating

repairs are temporary replacement is best.

SQLit

"John Mark" wrote in message
m...
I have a rolled flat roof, I am not sure if it is rubber or bitumen.
It leaks (surprise)! Can I coat it with a roofing material? What is
the best product? I have heard of aluminum or fiber coatings. Can
these be appled over rolled roofing? If so is this something that can
be done on a maintenance basis to prevent further leaks? If so how
often and how many times can it be done before the roof has to be
replaced? The roof does have some soft spots and bubbling where there
is air between under the roofing material. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Snow Coat will help repair SMALL leaks when installed properly. The
university I worked at use something similar to Snow Coat on the roofs of
the buildings. I talked to the guys and they were really happy about the
less roofing prospect. The U owned a water detection device that they used
to monitor the roofs. It would tell them if they were leaking. You might
find a pro in your area that would come out and test your roof. Then you
would have an idea if a replacement is necessary.

Flat Roof Identify Material and Repair Method TheScullster UK diy 3 March 19th 04 06:18 PM
Fibreglass flat roof Peter Balcombe UK diy 10 January 30th 04 09:56 PM
Flat roof Peter Balcombe UK diy 0 January 25th 04 12:27 PM
flat roof - slope for run off duncan UK diy 3 July 13th 03 02:55 PM