Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SCRealtor

Default Ice Maker frustrations!

I purchased a fridge (Kenmore) made in 1998 this weekend. Before I
moved the fridge the ice had to be dumped from the ice bin. The bin
was 100% full. I get home hook up my water lines, test for leaks,
power the fridge up, test the water from the door where the cup goes.
Everything works great except for the ice maker. The ice maker is
powered up and rotating but little to no water is making it in the
fill tray inside the icemaker. What gets me is, the door water works.
I know the supply line is not clogged for the door. Now I removed the
supply line (plastic one) on the back of the fridge and put it down in
to a trashcan to test for flow once the ice maker kicked in. No
water. The plastic line isn't blocked to the ice maker that I can
see. I looked further into the celenoid fill valve. It has 2, one
for the door, one for the icemaker. (I'm assuming)

My question I guess is, could it be that the freezer side valve is
bad, but the door valve isn't? I would think the whole thing would be
bad. That's where I'm stumped because one seems to work, the other
doesn't (icemaker valve).

Anyone help?