Alvin Wibowoo

Default vinyl/ plastic shed for DRY storage??

I'd really like to try using a vinyl shed to store some comic books and a
few antiques from the house. However, reviewing the archives, I keep
reading about folks experiencing moisture problems with equivalent sized
metal sheds (there has been almost nothing about vinyl sheds though). So,
I'm wondering about the possibility of using a vinyl shed? What experiences
regarding moisture have folks had? If moisture is a problem with vinyl
sheds, what steps have been or can be taken to reduce or eliminate moisture
problems? I don't mind spending a little extra if I can eliminate moisture
troubles.

Thanks,
Alvin

Bob

"Alvin Wibowoo" wrote in message
link.net...
I'd really like to try using a vinyl shed to store some comic

books and a
few antiques from the house. However, reviewing the archives,

I keep
reading about folks experiencing moisture problems with

equivalent sized
metal sheds (there has been almost nothing about vinyl sheds

though). So,
I'm wondering about the possibility of using a vinyl shed?

What experiences
regarding moisture have folks had? If moisture is a problem

with vinyl
sheds, what steps have been or can be taken to reduce or

eliminate moisture
problems? I don't mind spending a little extra if I can

eliminate moisture
troubles.

A small heat source in the shed may alleviate problems. Moisture
will tend to migrate toward lower temps. Where I live, any closed
outdoors space tends to accumulate moisture.

Bob

HA HA Budys Here

Antiques, antique furniture and books (comic or otherwise) do not belong in a
non-climate controlled enviroment. Period.

Get rid of your junk.

m Ransley

Antiques and books need to be stored in Normal living temps and Low
humidity, No Extremes , look into storing Antiques before contacting
Alt home Repair. This is NOT alt antiques. Go there

Joe Bobst

I don't mind spending a little extra if I can eliminate moisture troubles.

Then your best recourse is to put your things in a climate controlled
commercial storage unit, a bit pricey but secure. HTH

Joe

Joining Plastic Waste pipe to Lead pipe tinklemagoo UK diy 3 February 19th 04 05:34 AM
Shed Electrics Quigs UK diy 20 January 26th 04 09:56 AM
Plastic Shed PoP UK diy 9 December 19th 03 04:52 PM
Spur feed to garden shed... Me UK diy 4 August 6th 03 10:13 AM
Plastic Pipes in central heating Zetor UK diy 6 August 2nd 03 12:18 PM