Chris Lewis

Default plastic or copper plumbing?

According to TURTLE :

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to TURTLE :
I see you don't do much plumbing do you.

I do lots....

You still think PVC pipe is better than copper.

Ahem, Turtle, please pay attention to what you're replying to.

You also have a real problem with putting words in people's mouths.

I didn't say _anything_ like that. Nor was I referring to PVC _specifically_.
I would _never_ use PVC in household plumbing.

I said plastic pipe is better for whacking dogs than copper is. Try
that experiment with ordinary household 1/2" PEX versus ordinary 1/2" copper.

The copper will kink, but the PEX will keep on whacking.

Try that experiment again even with soft PE flexible tube versus
ordinary 1/2" copper.

The copper will kink. But the PE will just keep on whacking.

I also said that dog whackability is an _extremely_ poor way to judge
the suitability of a building material.

if it was a good way to judge, then _clearly_ you're plumbing your house
with aluminum baseball bats, right?

You don't choose building materials by how well it damages dogs f'r cryin out
loud!

At the same time you're accusing me of thinking PVC pipe is better than copper,
Gary is berating me for the exact opposite.

[Gary is closer to being right, because up until now, I've used copper
_exclusively_ inside the house.]

Get your acts together people!

Well We will have a little
fight with pieces of pipe and you get a 3 foot joint of
1" PVC pipe and I get a 3 foot joint of 1" Hard K or M type copper pipe. You
better go look at the 1" Hard K copper pipe before you
answer.

Sure, any time: 1" sched 120 PB (to match specifications with K copper pipe).

I'd hope your medical insurance is paid up.

Neither of which are "common" materials in a residence nor applicable to
the OP's original question.

Sheesh.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Steve the Sauropodman

"I-zheet M'drurz" wrote in message .. .
On 14 Feb 2004, Curtis wrote:

... BTW anyone can learn
to properly sweat a copper connection in 15 minutes.,

I'm glad you think so. And even if that were true, let's see
them do one that's in a cramped space surrounded by flamable
building materials. Give 'em an hour and have the volunteer
fire company turned out, just to be ready.

Question: In a cramped space, surrunded by flammable materials,
wouldn't compression fitting be a better choice?