ississauga

Default How to turn 'cold room' in basement to living space?

In my cold room is a 4 inch diameter hole which I assume is there only
to let in the (cold) air. Is that the only thing that differentiates
the cold room from the rest of the basement? I dont notice anything
else.

I have finished the rest of the basement, so to finish the cold room
do I just finish it in the same way or are there special things to
take care of? How do I close the 4 inch hole and do I close it from
both inside and out?
m Ransley

Why would anyone have a hole in the wall and need to ask why and if and
how to seal it,
Im lost. So yes seal the hole

HeatMan

It may be a combustion air inlet for the fossil fuel burning appliances.

It could also be where the dryer vent used to go.....

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Why would anyone have a hole in the wall and need to ask why and if and
how to seal it,
Im lost. So yes seal the hole

someonesimple

"ississauga" wrote in message
om...
In my cold room is a 4 inch diameter hole which I assume is there only
to let in the (cold) air. Is that the only thing that differentiates
the cold room from the rest of the basement? I dont notice anything
else.

I have finished the rest of the basement, so to finish the cold room
do I just finish it in the same way or are there special things to
take care of? How do I close the 4 inch hole and do I close it from
both inside and out?

There are other things that differentiate this cold room from the rest of
the basement. Most importantly, the other areas aren't cold.

You can't close the hole. It's likely required by the Federal Endangered
Species Act to allow the Medium Gray Pigmy Ground Owl access to historic
nesting sites. Someone in Lubbock Tx was just fined $70,000 recently for
doing the same thing. Check the federal fish and wildlife internet site to
read the article. It was really brutal.