Sligo

Default stucco repair question

Daughter's new house had water leak where the builders drove a nail into the
copper pipe at the slab level. The walls were flooded and question is how
to repair possible water damage without further damaging the stucco.
The plumber came over with sledge hammer and holed the stucco to access the
fault. Of course this loosened the stucco on the periphery of the hole but
the repair was effected.
Now here is the question. I think that the hole must be expanded to
ascertain water damage on dry wall as well as the wall insulation. I
surmise that the hole should be expanded neatly as with a saw to scribed the
expanded hole outline in a neat manner instead of smashing the wall further
with sledge. It seems to me smashing the stucco further with sledge would
make the existing stucco loose to become unstucco..
Would appreciate advice and comments.
Best to all,
Seamus J. Wilson

m Ransley

You are right Seamus . Tell that hack with the sledge ,,,, Well you
get the idea..

Sligo wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't want a plumber bashing holes in my walls in an old house,
much less a new one. If it is a "new" house, either newly built or
newly purchased, there should be some warranty. Get the insurance
company and/or builder involved. How long do you estimate the leak
existed? Stucco over frame? Had a recent termite inspection?

Off the top of my head, I think I'd rather replace a chunk of drywall on
the inside, rather than bashing holes and then trying to patch/match the
exterior. A friend of mine recently had her tree trimmer paint her
house. Looks like it too. Trees look good )

Sligo

Thank you for the informative replies.
Best,
Seamus J. Wilson
wrote in message

Sligo wrote:
[...]

tv repair question RB Electronics Repair 6 July 4th 04 05:10 AM
GE 32GT720 television repair question - color transistor Asimov Electronics Repair 3 June 25th 04 11:09 AM
Old delta 12" planer repair question..... j.duprie Woodworking 2 June 22nd 04 09:42 PM
GE TV repair question max Electronics Repair 16 July 14th 03 01:14 AM