max

Default GE TV repair question

I have one GE TV set for repair.There is one problem.TV start to searching
channels but when it's done I didn't see any channels on.I suspect tuner but
Is it really just tuner bad?What else do I need to check?

max

You're absolutely wrong because I'm owner of TV repair shop and I started my
business 13 years ago.
"David" wrote in message
I have absolutely no reason to believe you have enough experience to even

be
attempting any kind of repair on this GE tv set of unposted model or

chassis
number.

What you need to check is to take the set into someone qualified to work

on
it and provide you with an accurate diagnosis and estimate for repair.
David

max wrote in message
I have one GE TV set for repair.There is one problem.TV start to

searching
channels but when it's done I didn't see any channels on.I suspect tuner

but
Is it really just tuner bad?What else do I need to check?

max

Ok EXPERT DAVID!This is the model 27GT720 and chassis CTC203AX.RCA made this
TV for GE.If you can prove that you're the real expert I'll give you some
information like all voltages on tuner pins is OK.And for you EXPERT I'll
give you one question how to check AGC is it really works or not.If you now
this simple question U are real EXPERT!

max wrote in message
I have one GE TV set for repair.There is one problem.TV start to

searching
channels but when it's done I didn't see any channels on.I suspect tuner

but
Is it really just tuner bad?What else do I need to check?

David

Then you should not have posted a stupid clearly novice question in the
first place.
No free advise for your attitude today.

Again you posted your ignorance. RCA does NOT make tv sets.
The RCA and GE trademark names are owned by Thomson Consumer electronics.
Do you really own a shop and know so little about tv sets and repair?

max wrote in message
I have one GE TV set for repair.There is one problem.TV start to

searching
channels but when it's done I didn't see any channels on.I suspect

tuner
but
Is it really just tuner bad?What else do I need to check?

David

You posting proved otherwise. If you really own a tv repair shop for 13
years, you should have at least the basic minimal technician sense to post
the model (or more importantly the chassis number). In the case of Thomson
chassis designs whether or not it has the onboard tuner, modular tuner,
onboard Gemstar, or Gemstar 4 module, in addition to the chassis number.
Then you would have needed to post the minimal troubleshooting performed and
voltage measurements in same posting.

Without it, you are just another Larry, Moe, or Curly trying to get free
crystal ball advise to save paying a qualified technician a living.

David

max wrote in message
I have one GE TV set for repair.There is one problem.TV start to

searching
channels but when it's done I didn't see any channels on.I suspect

tuner
but
Is it really just tuner bad?What else do I need to check?

john

Hey Max chill out or just go away.
People like YOU we do not need.

kip

--

max wrote in message
I have one GE TV set for repair.There is one problem.TV start to

searching
channels but when it's done I didn't see any channels on.I suspect

tuner
but
Is it really just tuner bad?What else do I need to check?

Leonard Caillouet

Max, I'd give you my two cents on your attitude and unprofessional manner of
looking for assistance, but several other "experts" have done a pretty good
job already.

Leonard Caillouet

max wrote in message
I have one GE TV set for repair.There is one problem.TV start to

searching
channels but when it's done I didn't see any channels on.I suspect

tuner
but
Is it really just tuner bad?What else do I need to check?

Leonard Caillouet

"David" wrote in message
You posting proved otherwise. If you really own a tv repair shop for 13
years, you should have at least the basic minimal technician sense to post
the model (or more importantly the chassis number).

David, you have to remember that many of the shops out there are owned by
this kind of person...

Without it, you are just another Larry, Moe, or Curly trying to get free
crystal ball advise to save paying a qualified technician a living.

David

It is the proliferation of Stooges in our business that gives repair
technicians the reputation of being ignorant yahoos. Fortunately for the
rest of us they are being weeded out pretty rapidly by the difficulties of
the business.

Leonard Caillouet

David

I sometimes forget that in larger cities the less than reputable or
experienced technicians are trying to fix consumer electronics.

The smaller the town or market area, the quicker these stooges get a
bad name and are forced out of business.

There are TWO independent servicers (not attached to retail stores)
left in our town that do ANY warranty work for most brands.

In the last 5 years all the remaining ones went out of business. 1994
we had 5 pages of ads, today there is 1/2 a page in the yellow pages.
I have seen my share of new start ups come and go giving the
occasional 'free estimate, lifetime warranty' tv/appliance repair
shop. The tv repair shops generally last 6-9 months before they are
gone. One was shut down because not only did they not have a business
license, but they were working on fridges and freezers and freon
without the Freon license. There is no longer a license required to
perform electronics repair in our State (I think there should still be
at least for the business)

David

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message news:V7_Pa.3076$zd4.2638@lakeread02...
"David" wrote in message
You posting proved otherwise. If you really own a tv repair shop for 13
years, you should have at least the basic minimal technician sense to post
the model (or more importantly the chassis number).

David, you have to remember that many of the shops out there are owned by
this kind of person...

Without it, you are just another Larry, Moe, or Curly trying to get free
crystal ball advise to save paying a qualified technician a living.

David

It is the proliferation of Stooges in our business that gives repair
technicians the reputation of being ignorant yahoos. Fortunately for the
rest of us they are being weeded out pretty rapidly by the difficulties of
the business.

Leonard Caillouet

Sofie

David:
If your state has a business and occupation tax and/or a state sales tax, I
am certain that the State Revenue department requires a business license so
that the proper taxes can be collected.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"David" wrote in message
without the Freon license. There is no longer a license required to
perform electronics repair in our State (I think there should still be
at least for the business)
David

max

Hey dude.Did you check my other ads in this newgroup?If not, please do it
right now.
"Sofie" wrote in message
Max:
cool off.
I have to agree with David on this one..... the manner in which you

posted
for help..... NO model number, NO (very important) chassis number, NO
technical jargon and NO basic technical troubleshooting and testing

results,
apparently inadequate knowledge of the standard TCE chassis types, etc,
etc.....
.... you did not and you do not sound like a tech to me..... at least one
that has worked any amount on TCE televisions.....
Assuming, as you say you are, that you are a television repair shop owner
and tech, if you read your own original post from the viewpoint of a
technician that is going to try to offer help, how could you even offer
anything close to a specific repair or troubleshooting suggestion WITHOUT
ANY of the important stuff that is missing as noted above.
To research television troubleshooting more you should go to the website

for
this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
There, with some searching, you will find a wealth of repair and
troubleshooting tips, component testing methods and important safety
information. You can also go to google group archival search and type in
the TCE chassis number and/or the GE model number and search for relevant
and pertinent information that may help you.... good luck.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

max wrote in message
I have one GE TV set for repair.There is one problem.TV start to

searching
channels but when it's done I didn't see any channels on.I suspect

tuner
but
Is it really just tuner bad?What else do I need to check?

max

Yeah! You're absolutely right.Hold it in your hand.
"Lew" wrote in message
Is the answer is one out of "15000"?
Lew

max

I told you that it was sample question for David.I just want to show him
that before to say me like "you have enough experience to even be
attempting any kind of repair on this GE tv set"he should ask me nicely like
Can you provide your TV set model and number please?but he didn't.He was
looks with it like rude person.Sorry if I wrong again.
Subject: GE TV repair question
From: "max"
Date: 7/13/03 5:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time
If it's basic test tell me how do it.

Sorry, Max. If you want me to teach you consumer electronics, you've come

the wrong place. But I'll give you one hint; unless your AGC line is

clamped
hard to ground, you're wasting your time with that circuit. Follow the FAQ

for
this NG, it might help you (but I doubt it).

John Del
Wolcott, CT

"Nothing is so opportune for tyrants as a people tired of its liberty."
Alan Keyes

(remove S for email reply)

Sofie

Hey dude max:
What "ads" are you talking about. Is there advertising on this newsgroup
that I am not aware of?
If you read my previous reply post to you (partial below) I tried to give
you a couple suggestions about where you can find specific repair
information that may assist you in your efforts to repair your GE
television..
You are very welcome.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

(snipped posts below)

Old delta 12" planer repair question..... j.duprie Woodworking 2 June 22nd 04 09:42 PM
Flat Roof Identify Material and Repair Method TheScullster UK diy 3 March 19th 04 06:18 PM
chemistry question Grant Erwin Metalworking 44 November 3rd 03 05:41 AM
Pipe thread question, NPT vs NPSF, MIP, FIP and IPS Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 1 August 9th 03 04:20 AM