Den Murray

Default Just moved ... need source of inexpensive electrical components

Hi

Happy New Year

I've just bought my first house and am now newly impoverished!

I've been checking my electrics, and it appears that the majority of my
outlets aren't grounded, and some have reversed polarity.

As a stop gap measure I'm going to install some plug-in ground fault circuit
interrupters.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good source of inexpensive GFCI's
(on the web or via mail order) and other electrical components.

Cheers

Den

Goedjn

I've been checking my electrics, and it appears that the majority of my
outlets aren't grounded, and some have reversed polarity.

As a stop gap measure I'm going to install some plug-in ground fault circuit
interrupters.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good source of inexpensive GFCI's
(on the web or via mail order) and other electrical components.

If you're talking about a lot of outlets, it will probably be cheaper
to use a GFCI breaker, and thus get the whole circut.

HA HA Budys Here

"Goedjn" wrote in message
I've been checking my electrics, and it appears that the majority of my
outlets aren't grounded, and some have reversed polarity.

As a stop gap measure I'm going to install some plug-in ground fault

circuit
interrupters.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good source of inexpensive

GFCI's
(on the web or via mail order) and other electrical components.

If you're talking about a lot of outlets, it will probably be cheaper
to use a GFCI breaker, and thus get the whole circut.

Or better yet, replace the 1st outlet in each circuit (there probably aren't
many in a home this old) for less than 10.00 per circuit.

Overhead electrical service to a storage shed Timothy J. Trace Home Repair 3 December 3rd 03 04:21 AM
New Electrical Regs PoP UK diy 22 September 1st 03 08:41 PM
Installing Electrical Outlet In Sink Cabinet Matty Home Repair 0 August 27th 03 03:08 PM
Cheap source for Electrical skirting trunking? Alex H UK diy 2 August 8th 03 08:52 AM
Forthcoming Building Regulations on electrical work (Part P) Andrew McKay UK diy 42 July 30th 03 08:05 AM