Art Todesco

Default Burried PVC Conduit/Cable

In my church, we are planning on burying a PVC conduit from the
office building to the church building for telephones and
internet connection. The plan is to put in 1 cat5e for internet
and 3 cat5e for telephone ... the office digital phone system
uses RJ-45/cat5e. My question is, will the standard gray PVC
conduit hold up underground. Will is crack due to ground
freezing and thawing? We are near Chicago, so the frost line
can go down 4 feet. Would it be better to get direct burial
cat5e and use that without the conduit? BTW, the distance is
about 250 feet, so that shouldn't be a problem with the phone
system or internet connection (router/broadband cable modem).

John Grabowski

I suggest that you use 2 or 3 expansion couplings and use at least 1" pvc.
You might also want to put an in-ground pull box about halfway. I also
suggest that you spend a little more money and use Cat 6 for your internet
connection. Use 22 gauge wire because of the distance.

Personally I would use the conduit instead of direct burial cable. It is a
lot easier to install additional circuits or replace outdated wire by
pulling through a pipe instead of digging a trench again in the future.

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
In my church, we are planning on burying a PVC conduit from the
office building to the church building for telephones and
internet connection. The plan is to put in 1 cat5e for internet
and 3 cat5e for telephone ... the office digital phone system
uses RJ-45/cat5e. My question is, will the standard gray PVC
conduit hold up underground. Will is crack due to ground
freezing and thawing? We are near Chicago, so the frost line
can go down 4 feet. Would it be better to get direct burial
cat5e and use that without the conduit? BTW, the distance is
about 250 feet, so that shouldn't be a problem with the phone
system or internet connection (router/broadband cable modem).

TURTLE

From: Art Todesco

In my church, we are planning on burying a PVC conduit from the
office building to the church building for telephones and
internet connection. The plan is to put in 1 cat5e for internet
and 3 cat5e for telephone ... the office digital phone system
uses RJ-45/cat5e. My question is, will the standard gray PVC
conduit hold up underground. Will is crack due to ground
freezing and thawing? We are near Chicago, so the frost line
can go down 4 feet. Would it be better to get direct burial
cat5e and use that without the conduit? BTW, the distance is
about 250 feet, so that shouldn't be a problem with the phone
system or internet connection (router/broadband cable modem).

Now, when CHURCHES are installing multiple telephone lines, broadband

internet
and T1 connections, it's time to start taxing them.

This is Turtle.

Hey Ha Ha , if you really check to see about a churches income tax statues.
You will see if a church filed a 1040 IRS form they would not pay a penny if
they filed just like you or me. The church is the business , repair to the
business / church sturcture / cat 5 wire to phones , Salary to preacher and
secretary , automobles to preacher to see the members , and just about
everything they do is a deduction under 1040 form of the IRS. The church
does not sell a product, profittiable item [ in most cases ] , and is
concidered as Not For Hire. they just don't make money from sales of any
kind but some have bake sales or what ever but the sales can not equal the
expences of the church that year or they can be taxed. now the preacher ,
secretary , and workers of the church will pay income taxes just like you or
I.

Here is the point here. All Churches pay the say income taxes as Exxon Co.
U.S.A. last year. Exxon made last year $6.2 Billion dollars and paid zero
income taxes. The churches just does the same thing.

TURTLE

Ron

Just something else to think about:

Have you looked into wireless solutions instead of all this cable burying
and wire pulling and their inherent difficulties when it comes to
troubleshooting when things go wrong?
--
Ron
Port Dover Ontario

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
In my church, we are planning on burying a PVC conduit from the
office building to the church building for telephones and
internet connection. The plan is to put in 1 cat5e for internet
and 3 cat5e for telephone ... the office digital phone system
uses RJ-45/cat5e. My question is, will the standard gray PVC
conduit hold up underground. Will is crack due to ground
freezing and thawing? We are near Chicago, so the frost line
can go down 4 feet. Would it be better to get direct burial
cat5e and use that without the conduit? BTW, the distance is
about 250 feet, so that shouldn't be a problem with the phone
system or internet connection (router/broadband cable modem).

wayne

don't forget to put a pull string in the conduit for future growth make sure
you have plenty of room for other wiring. Ethernet distance is 100 meters
330' so you might be getting close to the max when it comes end to end.

Make sure you bury it to the proper depth and put some wire or metal tape
above the conduit when you backfill.the trench!

Wayne

You
"Art Todesco" wrote in message
In my church, we are planning on burying a PVC conduit from the
office building to the church building for telephones and
internet connection. The plan is to put in 1 cat5e for internet
and 3 cat5e for telephone ... the office digital phone system
uses RJ-45/cat5e. My question is, will the standard gray PVC
conduit hold up underground. Will is crack due to ground
freezing and thawing? We are near Chicago, so the frost line
can go down 4 feet. Would it be better to get direct burial
cat5e and use that without the conduit? BTW, the distance is
about 250 feet, so that shouldn't be a problem with the phone
system or internet connection (router/broadband cable modem).

TURTLE

"Jimmy" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:15:00 -0600, "TURTLE"
wrote:

Right concept, wrong specifics:

You will see if a church filed a 1040 IRS form they would not pay a penny

if
they filed just like you or me. The church is the business , repair to

the
business / church sturcture / cat 5 wire to phones , Salary to preacher

and
secretary , automobles to preacher to see the members , and just about
everything they do is a deduction under 1040 form of the IRS.

Every *business* deducts their expenses from their revenues to
calculate any "taxable profit".

The church
does not sell a product, profittiable item [ in most cases ] , and is
concidered as Not For Hire. they just don't make money from sales of any
kind but some have bake sales or what ever but the sales can not equal

the
expences of the church that year or they can be taxed.

Actually, they can make all the money they want. Being "non-profit"
does not mean that you don't *make* a profit, it means that you are
not *taxed* on your profits.

now the preacher ,
secretary , and workers of the church will pay income taxes just like you

or
I.

Yep.

Here is the point here. All Churches pay the say income taxes as Exxon

Co.
U.S.A. last year. Exxon made last year $6.2 Billion dollars and paid zero
income taxes. The churches just does the same thing.

Well, Exxon needs a tax incentive to make sure that they keep
exploring for oil... I mean, there's no real incentive to do it when
they'd only make a few billion $'s each year if fully taxed :-)

This is Turtle.

Yes , i do know the difference between Exxon and a church but the concept is
the same. Exxon when making a profit will account for the money being made
by matching up a expence that will account for a lose which it can be
deducted from the profit. Now the church will when they make a profit. They
will have to ear mark the money as a Fund for something to be paid for now
or in the future. The Church still has to account for the profit but they
HAVE to put the word "fund" behind any account they make a profit on or in.
This profit becomes a future fund to be used for charity or repair of the
church system.

Now they do not have to be accounted very little to the IRS because of
charitiable status and can make a profit and not pay taxes on it , but so
does Exxon but in a different way. A example here. The First United
Methodist Church is a Corperation and files as charitiable Corperation
status just like Exxon but Exxon is a for profit corperation status.

I did leave myself open when I said just like Exxon but i should have said
just " Both pay no taxes'' .

TURTLE

Brian Elfert

"TURTLE" writes:

Now, when CHURCHES are installing multiple telephone lines, broadband

internet
and T1 connections, it's time to start taxing them.

This is Turtle.

Hey Ha Ha , if you really check to see about a churches income tax statues.
You will see if a church filed a 1040 IRS form they would not pay a penny if
they filed just like you or me. The church is the business , repair to the

Businesses pay property taxes regardless of profitability. A non-profit
is not required to pay property taxes. Some non-profits make voluntary
payments to the city or county to pay for things like police, fire, and
EMS.

The church I attend would be hurting if they had to pay property tax.

Brian Elfert