Art Todesco

Default Burried PVC Conduit/Cable

And the wire or metal tape is for what? Ground equalizing? Or
what?

wayne wrote:
don't forget to put a pull string in the conduit for future growth make sure
you have plenty of room for other wiring. Ethernet distance is 100 meters
330' so you might be getting close to the max when it comes end to end.

Make sure you bury it to the proper depth and put some wire or metal tape
above the conduit when you backfill.the trench!

Wayne

You
"Art Todesco" wrote in message

In my church, we are planning on burying a PVC conduit from the
office building to the church building for telephones and
internet connection. The plan is to put in 1 cat5e for internet
and 3 cat5e for telephone ... the office digital phone system
uses RJ-45/cat5e. My question is, will the standard gray PVC
conduit hold up underground. Will is crack due to ground
freezing and thawing? We are near Chicago, so the frost line
can go down 4 feet. Would it be better to get direct burial
cat5e and use that without the conduit? BTW, the distance is
about 250 feet, so that shouldn't be a problem with the phone
system or internet connection (router/broadband cable modem).