Mistercmk

Default Critter digging HUGE holes in my driveway

Some napalm outta take care of whatever it is.

"Me" wrote in message
This is a farm. Some critter is digging HUGE holes in my gravel
driveway. The holes are nearly 12 inches in dia., and go down 2 or
more feet, then curve off under the drive. The pile of finely
pulverised soil around the hole is huge, and spread all the way around
the hole. There are more than one of these holes too, and this just
started a few weeks ago.

Few other notes, these holes are almost perfectly round. They are dug
real quickly too.

Whatever it is, it's got to go..... Trap, gun, livetrap, dynamite,
whatever....
(Unless I can put this critter to work digging my fence post holes).

Anyone have any idea what the heck this might be.
(This is in Minnesota).

---
NO VALID EMAIL - reply on newsgroup please

Dave Gower

"Me" wrote in message
This is a farm. Some critter is digging HUGE holes in my gravel
driveway.

Anyone have any idea what the heck this might be.

Raccoons, after moles. A good german shepard will happily eliminate this
pest for you.

mark Ransley

Ground Hog, try live trap , but dynamite is best , 12 stick, but
no driveway left Joke...
You can hook up car exaust to a hose, poison, or use maybe small
windmills, 2 ft that thump a little .
or use Gogpher Bombs , smoke poison bombs, of sodium nitrate
Or a 6000 round a minute remote radar controlled 50cal Chain
Gun " Mini Gun" for 85000 $us
Mini Gun , Tree cutting made afordable. and quick......
Mini Gun , Americas Highway patrols New weapon on
Runners.
Stop em fast , with the MINI
Min Gun , new way for house demolition

Doug Miller

In article , Me wrote:
This is a farm. Some critter is digging HUGE holes in my gravel
driveway. The holes are nearly 12 inches in dia., and go down 2 or
more feet, then curve off under the drive. The pile of finely
pulverised soil around the hole is huge, and spread all the way around
the hole. There are more than one of these holes too, and this just
started a few weeks ago.

Sounds like a gopher or a groundhog to me.

Few other notes, these holes are almost perfectly round. They are dug
real quickly too.

Whatever it is, it's got to go..... Trap, gun, livetrap, dynamite,
whatever....

Any of the above -- whatever works. If it's safe to use high-powered rifles in
your location, I think some Saturday I'd sit back 75 yards or so with a good
varmint gun and watch and wait. Failing that, try baiting a livetrap (a big
one) with peanut butter.

(Unless I can put this critter to work digging my fence post holes).

LOL -- gotta train him to dig straight first!

Tom Miller

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:13:08 -0600, Me wrote:

| This is a farm. Some critter is digging HUGE holes in my gravel
| driveway. The holes are nearly 12 inches in dia., and go down 2 or
| more feet, then curve off under the drive. The pile of finely
| pulverised soil around the hole is huge, and spread all the way around
| the hole. There are more than one of these holes too, and this just
| started a few weeks ago.
|
| Few other notes, these holes are almost perfectly round. They are dug
| real quickly too.
|
| Whatever it is, it's got to go..... Trap, gun, livetrap, dynamite,
| whatever....
| (Unless I can put this critter to work digging my fence post holes).
|
| Anyone have any idea what the heck this might be.
| (This is in Minnesota).

I'm guessing it's a prairie dog. Picture he

http://www.beyondmainst.com/Animals/...rairie_dog.htm

Stormin Mormonn

Foot diameter hole? Wow, that's huge. You live near a nuclear power plant?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

"Me" wrote in message
This is a farm. Some critter is digging HUGE holes in my gravel
driveway. The holes are nearly 12 inches in dia., and go down 2 or
more feet, then curve off under the drive. The pile of finely
pulverised soil around the hole is huge, and spread all the way around
the hole. There are more than one of these holes too, and this just
started a few weeks ago.

Few other notes, these holes are almost perfectly round. They are dug
real quickly too.

Whatever it is, it's got to go..... Trap, gun, livetrap, dynamite,
whatever....
(Unless I can put this critter to work digging my fence post holes).

Anyone have any idea what the heck this might be.
(This is in Minnesota).

---
NO VALID EMAIL - reply on newsgroup please

Pounds on Wood

Yep, Badger. Mean sumbitches too, so eradication from a distance is
recommended.

--
Bill Pounds
http://www.bill.pounds.net/woodshop

"James Jones" wrote in message
Sounds like a Badger to me

---

Sambo145

This is a farm. Some critter is digging HUGE holes in my gravel
driveway. The holes are nearly 12 inches in dia., and go down 2 or
more feet, then curve off under the drive. The pile of finely
pulverised soil around the hole is huge, and spread all the way around
the hole. There are more than one of these holes too, and this just
started a few weeks ago.

Few other notes, these holes are almost perfectly round. They are dug
real quickly too.

Whatever it is, it's got to go..... Trap, gun, livetrap, dynamite,
whatever....
(Unless I can put this critter to work digging my fence post holes).

Anyone have any idea what the heck this might be.
(This is in Minnesota).

I'll agree with ground hog and don't look for just one. They started digging
underneath my dads dirt floor garage and he ended up trapping 7 of them.
Better start now, the can really do some damage.

help, concrete driveway rising up lucy Home Repair 6 November 16th 03 11:32 AM
Boring dog holes... Silvan Woodworking 5 November 4th 03 07:10 PM
driveway storm drain getting clogged with dirt Rachel Smith Home Repair 1 August 26th 03 09:14 AM
Foundation holes jim Home Repair 0 August 14th 03 04:10 PM
screw holes in maple hardwood floor blue Woodworking 10 July 16th 03 07:18 PM