C G

Default Critter digging HUGE holes in my driveway

Tom Miller wrote:

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:09:21 GMT, (Tom Miller)
wrote:

| On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:13:08 -0600, Me wrote:
|
| | This is a farm. Some critter is digging HUGE holes in my gravel
| | driveway. The holes are nearly 12 inches in dia., and go down 2 or
| | more feet, then curve off under the drive. The pile of finely
| | pulverised soil around the hole is huge, and spread all the way around
| | the hole. There are more than one of these holes too, and this just
| | started a few weeks ago.
| |
| | Few other notes, these holes are almost perfectly round. They are dug
| | real quickly too.
| |
| | Whatever it is, it's got to go..... Trap, gun, livetrap, dynamite,
| | whatever....
| | (Unless I can put this critter to work digging my fence post holes).
| |
| | Anyone have any idea what the heck this might be.
| | (This is in Minnesota).
|

| I'm guessing it's a prairie dog. Picture he

http://www.beyondmainst.com/Animals/...rairie_dog.htm

On second thought, with a burrow that big it probably is a badger, as
someone else guessed.

Go he

http://www.mntrappers.com/badger.html

He said he's from Minnesota, must be a gopher. If it's a badger he
needs to send it back to Wisconsin.