Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob P.

Default Plugged Tub Drain

Well' the tub drain has been plugged for three days now, and the
family is getting kind of grubby. I fought with it all weekend.
Here's what I know/did: 80 year home, tub clogged. First tried drain
cleaner - no work. Then tried plunging - no work - but I did succeed
in causing a bunch of leaks around the tub drain which caused me to
replace the tub drain and overflow, but that's another story. Finally
discovered a clean-out in a linen closet adjacent to the bathroom.
Ascertained that the "U" from the tub to the clean-out is not clogged.
Tried to rout-out from the clean-out to wherever, maybe 15 feet, and
it's still plugged solid. My basement ceiling is plastered so I can't
see any piping except for what I tore up yesterday. Any ideas before
I call a plumber? How about drain cleaner from the clean-out to
wherever?

Thanks in advance.