mwlogs

Default Plugged Tub Drain

Why is a basement ceiling "pointless"? If the area is finished as living
space, it seems reasonable. Beside, what if his bath had been on the second
floor. He'd have the same problem.

"Childfree Scott" wrote in message
om...
My basement ceiling is plastered so I can't
see any piping except for what I tore up yesterday.

I'd say that's part of your problem. Having a ceiling in the basement
is pointless.

I recently used a mechanical drain cleaner (The Rigid tool one that
Home Depot sells for ~20-something bucks; I think it's 25 feet long).
I used it 5 times and got clumps of hair 3 times and nothing 2 times.
So you might need to try it a few times or use a longer one as someone
else already suggested.