Punch

Default fleas?

my house is becoming over run with a small reddish brown bug, they are about
2mm wide/long, pop when squished, and are driving us nuts.

I can't figure out where the're living/breeding, what should I do?

I kill about 5-10 a day.

Punch

RamblinOn

Punch wrote:

my house is becoming over run with a small reddish brown bug, they are about
2mm wide/long, pop when squished, and are driving us nuts.

I can't figure out where the're living/breeding, what should I do?

I kill about 5-10 a day.

Punch

Fleas don't squish. They are hard, flat from side to side, and kind of
"tear drop" shaped from the side. They jump, so they are hard to capture.

You don't give any info about where you find them. Got pets? House
plants? City? Country? Wooded yard? High rise? Alaska? Florida? How
are they driving you nuts? Just their presence, or are they biting? In
kitchen cabinets, without any further info, I would guess weevils or
some such insect in grain/nuts food containers. A tiny, spider-like bug
can infest houseplants, but generally stay on the plants and build fine
webs - spider mites. Ticks like damp wood, back of the toilet in the
wall ) Come out and crawl around slowly. Tell us more - the entire
newsgroup is fascinated by bug stories )

mark Ransley

are you sure you have the size right a 2mm bug is to small to make any
noise when popped, at 1/4 ' it could be a boxelder bug, harmless, they
are off trees. 2mm could be a spider mite off plants.

Punch

"mark Ransley" wrote in message
are you sure you have the size right a 2mm bug is to small to make any
noise when popped, at 1/4 ' it could be a boxelder bug, harmless, they
are off trees. 2mm could be a spider mite off plants.

not a spider mite, these guys fly!

Punch

Default fleas? update

"Punch" wrote in message
.. .
my house is becoming over run with a small reddish brown bug, they are

about
2mm wide/long, pop when squished, and are driving us nuts.

I can't figure out where the're living/breeding, what should I do?

I kill about 5-10 a day.

Punch

ok their not fleas, not ticks, not spider mites, and they can fly!

Punch

Rotation Slim

I don't know if they are fleas or not.. but if they are, VACUUM VACUUM
VACUUM that carpet. Their eggs are deposited in carpet, and once you
agressively vacuum daily they will disapear.
Don Phillipson

"Rotation Slim" wrote in message
om...
I don't know if they are fleas or not.. but if they are, VACUUM VACUUM
VACUUM that carpet. Their eggs are deposited in carpet, and once you
agressively vacuum daily they will disapear.

.. . . and then reinvade the house after the
larvae grow fat on other garbage in the
vacuum cleaner bag and then change
into the winged form . . .

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)

`F.H

Punch wrote:

"Punch" wrote in message
.. .
my house is becoming over run with a small reddish brown bug, they are

about
2mm wide/long, pop when squished, and are driving us nuts.

I can't figure out where the're living/breeding, what should I do?

I kill about 5-10 a day.

Punch

ok their not fleas, not ticks, not spider mites, and they can fly!

Punch

Sounds like termites.
Joe Bobst

. . . and then reinvade the house after the larvae grow fat on other garbage
in the vacuum cleaner bag and then change into the winged form .

Why not put a moth ball in the bag?

Joe

Jim Yanik

"Punch" wrote in
:

"mark Ransley" wrote in message
are you sure you have the size right a 2mm bug is to small to make any
noise when popped, at 1/4 ' it could be a boxelder bug, harmless, they
are off trees. 2mm could be a spider mite off plants.

not a spider mite, these guys fly!

Sounds like GNATS. Perhaps sticky paper traps. Or a bugbomb.

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member

Desert Traveler

"Punch" wrote in message
.. .

"Punch" wrote in message
.. .
my house is becoming over run with a small reddish brown bug, they are

about
2mm wide/long, pop when squished, and are driving us nuts.

I can't figure out where the're living/breeding, what should I do?

I kill about 5-10 a day.

Punch

ok their not fleas, not ticks, not spider mites, and they can fly!

Punch

Take some of the dead ones to an exterminator or your local cooperative
extension service and find out. They will tell you what they are and how to
deal with them. Simple.

It's difficult for anyone to identify a bug without seeing it. Half of all
species of animals in the world are beetles.

Steve