Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tillio

Default Crack in Foundation

I have a vertical crack in the poured concrete foundation of my house
that runs from the top of the wall to the floor. The house is less than 2
years old. My builder came back and chiseled out the crack from the inside
and then patched with hydraulic cement.The crack still occasionally leaks
water.
The builder now wants to chisel away the hydraulic cement patch and have
the crack filled with some kind of epoxy filler.( Which he should have done
to begin with )
Should the hydraulic cement patch be disturbed at this point? I'm
worried about creating a worse problem than I have now. I would rather have
the crack fixed from the outside but I'm sure he doesn't want to dig up the
yard.
Any suggestions?

Tillio