Joseph Meehan

Default Crack in Foundation

Tillio wrote:
I have a vertical crack in the poured concrete foundation of my
house that runs from the top of the wall to the floor. The house is
less than 2 years old. My builder came back and chiseled out the
crack from the inside and then patched with hydraulic cement.The
crack still occasionally leaks water.
The builder now wants to chisel away the hydraulic cement patch
and have the crack filled with some kind of epoxy filler.( Which he
should have done to begin with )
Should the hydraulic cement patch be disturbed at this point? I'm
worried about creating a worse problem than I have now. I would
rather have the crack fixed from the outside but I'm sure he doesn't
want to dig up the yard.
Any suggestions?

Tillio

Assuming the crack is stable, it should be fixed from the OUTSIDE.
Whatever is done from the inside is temporary at best. If the crack is not
stable, there is no fix.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math