Dan G

Default Crack in Foundation

I am in the facilities management business.

We injected this one
http://www.mountaingrout.com/Products/Epoxy/TDSMG07.pdf on 2 different
vertical cracks on 12" thick CIP concrete walls on earth birmed walls
over 15 feet. There had been long term leaks. They no longer leak and
that was almost 10 years ago.

This is not a DIY project. We had had (?) waterproofing work performed
by a waterproofing contractor on a prior occasion on a different
building, and he was kind enough to show and tell for future usage.
http://www.mountaingrout.com/Products/Epoxy/TDSMG07.pdf

As Joseph said, this will be much less effective on a joint or crack
that is moving, although a waterproofing contractor can literally glue
the concrete back together with proper preparation and cleaning with
epoxy injection. This would require expertise and some equipment.
Joseph is also correct that the best cure is from the outside, but our
"experiment" with Mountain Grout was cost effective compared to
excavation and exterior treatment.

--

####################
Keep the whole world singing. . .

"Tillio" wrote in message
I have a vertical crack in the poured concrete foundation of my

house
that runs from the top of the wall to the floor. The house is less

than 2
years old. My builder came back and chiseled out the crack from the

inside
and then patched with hydraulic cement.The crack still occasionally

leaks
water.
The builder now wants to chisel away the hydraulic cement patch and

have
the crack filled with some kind of epoxy filler.( Which he should have

done
to begin with )
Should the hydraulic cement patch be disturbed at this point? I'm
worried about creating a worse problem than I have now. I would rather

have
the crack fixed from the outside but I'm sure he doesn't want to dig

up the
yard.
Any suggestions?

Tillio