Chuck Meuser

Default New Units

Good evening all...
I need some solid advice. I am in the process of requesting proposals to
replace my existing heat pump and air handler. I have proposals coming for:

Carrier - 38 ydb
York - ETS Stealth
Lennox - HPX19
Trane - XL19i

Each of these manufacturers have similar premium products. ie the
2-stage units.

What is a good, reliable, product ?? Is there a particular brand that I
should stay away from ?

3GCPO

"Chuck Meuser" wrote in message
Good evening all...
I need some solid advice. I am in the process of requesting proposals to
replace my existing heat pump and air handler. I have proposals coming

for:

Carrier - 38 ydb
York - ETS Stealth
Lennox - HPX19
Trane - XL19i

Each of these manufacturers have similar premium products. ie the
2-stage units.

What is a good, reliable, product ?? Is there a particular brand that I
should stay away from ?

buy which ever one has common parts (found at any local hardware store)
instead of buying one that you will have to order parts (only from their
Co.)
that "is" where it matters.

_\ \ \ | / / / _
( ' 0 - - 0 ' )
-----ooO----(__)----Ooo-----
3GCPO

HeatMan

Thanks.

"CBHvac" wrote in message

"HeatMan" wrote in message
Well, Chuck, I wouldn't have any of them in my house. That mainly

because
I'm a Rheem dealer.

I would not have a one of them in my house and I am a York dealer...
Why?
Because I already have a new system...LOL...oh...to early inthe day for
this...

Don't look at the brand as much as the installer. Will the installer be
there if there is a problem? Does he know the equipment?

A good installer can make a bad unit do amazing things. A bad installer

can
make a good unit into a piece of garbage.

Bingo...

"Chuck Meuser" wrote in message
Good evening all...
I need some solid advice. I am in the process of requesting proposals

replace my existing heat pump and air handler. I have proposals

coming
for:

Carrier - 38 ydb
York - ETS Stealth
Lennox - HPX19
Trane - XL19i

Each of these manufacturers have similar premium products. ie the
2-stage units.

What is a good, reliable, product ?? Is there a particular brand that

should stay away from ?

HeatMan

buy which ever one has common parts (found at any local hardware store)
instead of buying one that you will have to order parts (only from their
Co.)
that "is" where it matters.

If I gave you a quarter, would you go out and buy a clue? Please?

tb

In Sept 2002 I replaced my old Carrier Heat Pump with a Xi13 Trane
which cost me a little more than $5,000; and I soon got tired of the
Thump at the end of each cycle.
Then I moved 6 months later; and the new house has a 4 year old Rheem
heat pump which cost $2,100 ( I saw the invoice!) and NO Thump! I will
never again buy any of the overpriced over-hyped units mentionned
above!
RHEEM if it keeps up the same quality will be my only choice in the
future!!!

Florida

..