tb

Default New Units

In Sept 2002 I replaced my old Carrier Heat Pump with a Xi13 Trane
which cost me a little more than $5,000; and I soon got tired of the
Thump at the end of each cycle.
Then I moved 6 months later; and the new house has a 4 year old Rheem
heat pump which cost $2,100 ( I saw the invoice!) and NO Thump! I will
never again buy any of the overpriced over-hyped units mentionned
above!
RHEEM if it keeps up the same quality will be my only choice in the
future!!!

Florida

..

"Chuck Meuser" wrote in message ...
Good evening all...
I need some solid advice. I am in the process of requesting proposals to
replace my existing heat pump and air handler. I have proposals coming for:

Carrier - 38 ydb
York - ETS Stealth
Lennox - HPX19
Trane - XL19i

Each of these manufacturers have similar premium products. ie the
2-stage units.

What is a good, reliable, product ?? Is there a particular brand that I
should stay away from ?