Neal

Default GFCI receptacle question

Is it possible for a GFCI receptacle to go bad in the sense that it
trips when it ordinarily would not?
Tom Horne

Neal wrote:
Is it possible for a GFCI receptacle to go bad in the sense that it
trips when it ordinarily would not?

That particular failure mode is outside of my experience with thirty
plus years in the craft. That does not mean it is not possible but I am
dammed if I can see how.
--
Tom

Steve Newman

" Whats a gfci

Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter

Steve Newman

" Whats a gfci

Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter

Arra Movsesien

i put 200 amps through mine ,it trips

Arra Movsesien

i put 200 amps through mine ,it trips

Gary Dyrkacz

I had a GFCI breaker that would do that. First it was only during
thunderstorms. After awhile it started tripping out if the humidity
got too high. Of course, I was not sure if it was tripping for a good
reason. Finally decided to replace it and see what happened. The new
breaker has not tripped so far.

Gary Dyrkacz

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+
http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn/