DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GFCI receptacle question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/47732-gfci-receptacle-question.html)

Neal July 26th 03 07:26 PM

GFCI receptacle question

Is it possible for a GFCI receptacle to go bad in the sense that it
trips when it ordinarily would not?

Tom Horne July 26th 03 08:11 PM

GFCI receptacle question

Neal wrote:
Is it possible for a GFCI receptacle to go bad in the sense that it
trips when it ordinarily would not?

That particular failure mode is outside of my experience with thirty
plus years in the craft. That does not mean it is not possible but I am
dammed if I can see how.
--
Tom

Steve Newman July 26th 03 10:33 PM

GFCI receptacle question

" Whats a gfci

Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter

Steve Newman July 26th 03 10:33 PM

GFCI receptacle question

Arra Movsesien July 27th 03 12:08 AM

GFCI receptacle question

i put 200 amps through mine ,it trips

Arra Movsesien July 27th 03 12:08 AM

GFCI receptacle question

i put 200 amps through mine ,it trips

Gary Dyrkacz July 27th 03 01:12 PM

GFCI receptacle question

I had a GFCI breaker that would do that. First it was only during
thunderstorms. After awhile it started tripping out if the humidity
got too high. Of course, I was not sure if it was tripping for a good
reason. Finally decided to replace it and see what happened. The new
breaker has not tripped so far.

Gary Dyrkacz

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+
http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn/