Who Cares

Default Termite Pest Control - Help me pick the best deal please

I have had several companys come and look at a termite problem we are
having at our home. I have narrowed it down to two companies. Can
someone please give me their two cents worth.

Company 1 recommends trenching and rodding around the outside
perimeter and drilling through concrete slabs. This includes drilling
along the perimiter INSIDE the house outer walls down through the
concrete slab. Chemicals used will be Prevail FT 0.25%

cost 875.00 plus tax total 947.19

Company 2 also recommends trenching around perimeter of house.
Infected areas will also be treated with Dursban, Demon or Prevail.

Perimeter will be treated with either Premise,Phantom or Termidor.

Costs: If perimeter is treated with:
Premise: 765.50

Phantom: 882.00

Termidor: 998.50

I have heard good things about Termidor. What do you all think is the
best deal and most effective. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Mike in South Texas
CLSSM00X7

Either deal should work but to make sure they aren't ripping you off I would
demand a one year warrantee and money back gaurantee in writing. Which
companies by the way?

candice

Fjx1

I used the sentricon( not sure of exact name) system. No poisons, they put
stationa around the house and wait for activity. When they get they add a bait
they stops termites from reproducing(their skeletons break). It's slower but it
worked here without treches and poison. Used local guy about $1300.
You can find out about it at Teminex or other big companiy web sites or yellow
pages. i didn't use them big they have good info.
Steven Bliss

Before I had mine done, I got on several state extension service sites &
also Texas A & M to find out exactly what I shoul do. They say the
trenching system with some drill-in's was the best way, but still not 100%.
They even told me how many gallons the exterminator should use. They also
said to use Termidor in my area because we have two different termites here.
One was the mighty Formosan. The trenching system sounds destructive, but
really it isn't. The trench isn't all that big. He drilled one small hole
in each bathroom & flooded the area under the slab. His technique was
EXACTLY as it should have been, according to the extension services and A &
M. I paid $690, with a $60 reinspection/treat fee each year. The deal is
good for 6 years. No termites after 4 years. I guess you can pay more if
you want.