Filipo

Default Toro / Briggs&Stratton Stuck Oil Filler Cap

I have a brand new (less than 2 hours use) Toro Super Recycler lawn
mower with a stuck oil filler cap. This model 20038 has a Briggs &
Stratton 6.75 OHV engine and this is supposed to be Toro's
top-of-the-line walk-behind commercial quality mower.

Top-of-the-line, my foot. A few minutes after breaking in, the oil
started bubbling through the filler opening because the cap worked
itself loose. I stopped the engine and gently hand-tightened the cap.

Now I can't open the damn thing. The cap seems to be stuck in the
filler neck. I can loosen the cap by turning it counter-clockwise, and
tighten it by turning it clockwise, but I can't get it off. It seems
the inner lip of the oil cap is stuck at the filler neck.

I have 3 options:

1. Use force to turn the cap counter-clockwise
2. Use force to pull the cap straight up with a Vise Grip
3. Gently pound the thing with a rubber mallet and do 1 or 2

I should have gone for the Honda. Since I'm stuck with this lemon, I
would appreciate any help on how to remove this stuck oil filler cap.

Thanks much,

ftt

jim

Filipo wrote:

[...]

if you bought it from home depot then bring it back... i bought mine
from a local lawnmower/bicycle shop (small place) and have had it for
about 4 years and no problems.... it was ready to go when the guy
brought it to the house in his pickup as it would not fit i my car
trunk(about a 10 block distance).. i probably paid a little more getting
it there but i was also told that if you have any troubles with it let
us know and we will pick it up... that was 4 yrs. ago and never had a
problem with it... either they had too much oil in it or you put the oil
in and there was too much... the oil fill knob has to be shoved down and
then turned... probably have it screwed up and that is why its not
turning.....
mark Ransley

I had the same problem so I put my oil in the gas

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to mark Ransley, eskiejake wrote:
I had the same problem so I put my oil in the gas

Looks like you found a forum that needed an asshole and promptly solved the
problem

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ap-461921-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to eskiejake, Bobby wrote:
It took you 14 years to come up with that witty reply? me thinks you are a
little slow.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ap-461921-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Filipo, kris sorenson wrote:
I cant believe it but I have same problem with new push mower about 3 hours
old. Tried to take oil cap off and will not budge and when I turned it
clockwise, yes it moved and tightened more. Briggs and Stratton make enough
money can they not get something better as an oil cap/stick? Im sooooo
frustrated, ready to for real throw it off the boat landing.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ap-461921-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/9/2019 7:14 PM, kris sorenson wrote:
replying to Filipo, kris sorenson wrote:
I cant believe it but I have same problem with new push mower about 3 hours
old.Â* Tried to take oil cap off and will not budge and when I turned it
clockwise, yes it moved and tightened more.Â* Briggs and Stratton make enough
money can they not get something better as an oil cap/stick?Â* Im sooooo
frustrated, ready to for real throw it off the boat landing.

Maybe get a jack and jack it off?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.suicide.methods,soc.penpals,alt.slack

Default SPEAKING OF BOATS...

On 6/9/19 8:17 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 6/9/2019 4:14 PM, kris sorenson wrote:
replying to Filipo, kris sorenson wrote:
I cant believe it but I have same problem with new push mower about 3 hours
old.Â* Tried to take oil cap off and will not budge and when I turned it
clockwise, yes it moved and tightened more.Â* Briggs and Stratton make enough
money can they not get something better as an oil cap/stick?Â* Im sooooo
frustrated, ready to for real throw it off the boat landing.

Speaking of boats...Â* Did you hear the one about the girl who wanted to join the yacht club.Â* But she didn't have a yacht.
So she joined a ****ry club instead.
LOL

Up in Salem Oregon, in a secluded park, there was a tree who's two main branches form a pretty good resemblance to a woman standing on her head.
One balmy evening a guy was passing through and saw this tree. He took advantage, fell in love, uprooted the tree and put it in the back of his pickup and headed for California.
Just before he got to the Oregon border, a highway patrolman pulled him over and threatened to haul him off to jail forever.
"What did I do that's so bad, officer", he asked.
"Haven't you heard, you idiot", yelled the cop?
"You can't take the **** tree out of Salem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:05:50 -0700 (PDT), Mark
wrote:

I have 3 options:

1. Use force to turn the cap counter-clockwise
2. Use force to pull the cap straight up with a Vise Grip
3. Gently pound the thing with a rubber mallet and do 1 or 2

I should have gone for the Honda. Since I'm stuck with this lemon, I
would appreciate any help on how to remove this stuck oil filler cap.

Thanks much,

ftt

Push down and turn

Must be a child proof unit
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have 3 options:

1. Use force to turn the cap counter-clockwise
2. Use force to pull the cap straight up with a Vise Grip
3. Gently pound the thing with a rubber mallet and do 1 or 2

I should have gone for the Honda. Since I'm stuck with this lemon, I
would appreciate any help on how to remove this stuck oil filler cap.

Thanks much,

ftt

Push down and turn

Must be a child proof unit

Yeah, the little buggers tell each other how to do petrol sniffing in
preschool now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 03:36:56 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yeah, the little buggers tell each other how to do petrol sniffing in
preschool now.

Are you sure, senile asshole? Senilely sure, again? BG

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."

wood filler question Bruce Woodworking 2 February 16th 04 02:05 PM
To use plasterboard filler or not James W UK diy 3 January 5th 04 08:59 PM
Is there any such thing as a wood filler that doesn't crack? Alex UK diy 1 September 9th 03 05:31 PM
Removing flexible filler spog UK diy 2 September 6th 03 01:00 PM
Plastic filler (grout) round bath? Alan Holmes UK diy 1 August 10th 03 02:10 PM