Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can Remodeling Spook Sleeping Ghosts?

Apparently so .....

https://www.houselogic.com/remodel/r...eeping-ghosts/

Like this one.....

By Stephen Wagner

About a year ago, my little brother, who is 21 years old, moved out of
my parent's house and into my great-grandparent's house in a small town
in Northern Missouri. The house is in a decent neighborhood, though in
the past had seen a lot of bad things happen.

My brother's best friend moved in with him as well, each of them taking
a bedroom and splitting the utilities and other bills.

Now, I should explain that my great-grandfather was a very paranoid man
and he built a tornado shelter in the basement, which had solid cement
walls and a heavy steel door. The basement itself has a huge wrought
iron door on the door to the outside that is always locked. The front
door to the house is also blocked by a wrought iron door, which does not
open anymore as the key broke off in the lock. The only way in is
through the garage which has an extremely noisy opening mechanism.

My brother told me that one night he woke up and heard banging in the
basement, as if someone was throwing things around.

He got up and found his friend had already heard it, and together they
went down but didn't find anything amiss. In the morning things had been
strewn everywhere. Even the dryer was dented.

A few nights later, my brother got out of bed and went to the bathroom
and found his friend lying on the couch. They spoke for a while and then
my brother went to bed. The next morning he asked why his friend had
spent the night on the couch only to find that his friend had been in
bed all night studying.

The noises in the basement continued and one day my brother took one of
the family dogs for a ride and they stopped at the house. The dog -- a
very large hunting dog -- went down to the basement willingly enough,
but once down there refused to enter the cement room.

She bared her teeth and slowly backed my brother back up the stairs. His
friend is genuinely scared of whatever is going on. My brother, however,
has a very simplistic view of the situation. He is going to ignore it,
believing whatever entities are present will get bored and eventually go
away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/30/2016 2:48 PM, wrote:
[...]

Saw remake of Poltergeist last night on HBO, American Horror Story,
Roanoke on TV this season. Both base on building on hallowed ground.

Yesterday I heard comment on TV that spooks would be walking the halls
of the White House this Halloween.

Comment like that could get a newscaster fired as my first thought was
that it has been going on for the last 7+ years
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 15:48:37 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

Saw remake of Poltergeist last night on HBO, American Horror Story,
Roanoke on TV this season. Both base on building on hallowed ground.

Yesterday I heard comment on TV that spooks would be walking the halls
of the White House this Halloween.

Comment like that could get a newscaster fired as my first thought was
that it has been going on for the last 7+ years

The Whitehouse is mentioned in that webpage I posted....
https://www.houselogic.com/remodel/r...eeping-ghosts/
Maybe that's why Hillary wants to go back there....
I hate to think what the spooks would do to Trump

One side of me says that there is no such thing as "spirits", but I have
lived in at least one rental house that I swore was haunted.... Just too
many bizarre things happened at that place, including burying me in a
trench I was digging from the well to the house, getting struck by
lightning outside the house while digging another trench, and a lot of
very bizarre issues with the plumbing and other parts of the house. I
was real glad to leave that place.