Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What gauge wire do I need?

I want to go on a 500 mile trip in an electric car. The car's motor
draws 42 amps at 120 Volts AC. Therefore I will need 500 miles of
extension cords. I'm aware that long cords cause a voltage drop, so the
cord needs to be a thicker gauge of wire, since the voltage needs to
remain constant.

Here's one for all you mathematicians.
What gauge wire do I need?

Once that is determined, what size enclosure do I need to hold all that
wire, and what is the weight of the wire.

Note: This wire must have a strong insulation, because other drivers may
drive on it, and driving over any wire with weak insulation, will cause
severe momentary voltage drops as the wire is compressed, and many
electrons will be killed in the process. And dead electrons entering an
electric motor can be fatal to the motor, as well as clogging the
motor's electron filter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 5:40:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Another stupid post by the idiot that complains when people post things that aren't,
and I quote, "worthwhile".
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to danny burstein, ugghh wrote:
Bring a generator

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...d-1112392-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Another stupid post by the idiot that complains when people post things that aren't,
and I quote, "worthwhile".

How do we get him to stop?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:40:54 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Another stupid post by the idiot that complains when people post things that aren't,
and I quote, "worthwhile".

How do we get him to stop?

Ignore his headers:

....a constant nym-shifter -- aka Home Boi, Home Guy, Home Gay, etc.

wire gauge greif Home Repair 8 June 30th 07 12:31 PM
8 gauge wire to 30 amp circuit [email protected] Home Repair 7 March 6th 07 04:38 AM
What gauge wire for fuse; VA vs. W mm Electronics Repair 9 September 21st 06 03:53 PM
Can I stick two 4 gauge and one 6 gauge wire into a 3/4" conduit Ignoramus29948 Home Repair 11 September 13th 06 12:32 PM
Nichrome wire Gauge JonJonJon Metalworking 11 November 9th 05 10:54 AM