Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Termite treatments

Saw some little critters dropping down from the eaves and inside near a sliding door. I would prefer spot treatment, but I'm sure there's more that I don't see, and will go with a whole house routine.

A few questions....

I'll call 3-4 pest control companies for prices & reference. Anyone recommend questions to ask them?

What's the current pesticides to use or stay away from? I'm in California.

What about cold/freeze or heat treatment? Orange oil? Other methods?

If I go with the fumigation/tent method, I know they blow out the place afterwards for a period of time. I would not mind paying extra to leave the blowers on a few more days. What's the recommendation for purge time?

Thanks folks!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 12:46:53 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

Saw some little critters dropping down from the eaves and inside near a sliding door.
I would prefer spot treatment, but I'm sure there's more that I don't see, and will go with a whole house routine.
A few questions....
I'll call 3-4 pest control companies for prices & reference. Anyone recommend questions to ask them?
What's the current pesticides to use or stay away from? I'm in California.
What about cold/freeze or heat treatment? Orange oil? Other methods?
If I go with the fumigation/tent method, I know they blow out the place afterwards for a period of time.
I would not mind paying extra to leave the blowers on a few more days. What's the recommendation for purge time?
Thanks folks!!!

http://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7415.html

http://www.pacificcoasttermite.com/s...in-california/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Saw some little critters dropping down from the eaves and inside near a sliding door. I would prefer spot treatment, but I'm sure there's more that I don't see, and will go with a whole house routine.

A few questions....

I'll call 3-4 pest control companies for prices & reference. Anyone recommend questions to ask them?

What's the current pesticides to use or stay away from? I'm in California.

What about cold/freeze or heat treatment? Orange oil? Other methods?

If I go with the fumigation/tent method, I know they blow out the place afterwards for a period of time. I would not mind paying extra to leave the blowers on a few more days. What's the recommendation for purge time?

Thanks folks!!!

Look into treatment with Termidor, but find a company that is trained
directly by termidor, as procedures are critical.
http://www.pestcontrol.basf.us/produ...r-termite.html
http://www.termite.com/termidor.html

Avoid the usual pest companies such as Terminex. I made that mistake
years ago when I asked them if they did Termidor treatment. The
"treatment" consisted of a guy walking around the house with a small
hand sprayer. Ten minutes later he said all done, $300 please. Compare
that to the proper procedure in the termite.com link above.

-dan z-

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

On 10/20/2016 12:46 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Saw some little critters dropping down from the eaves and inside near a sliding door. I would prefer spot treatment, but I'm sure there's more that I don't see, and will go with a whole house routine.

A few questions....

I'll call 3-4 pest control companies for prices & reference. Anyone recommend questions to ask them?

What's the current pesticides to use or stay away from? I'm in California.

What about cold/freeze or heat treatment? Orange oil? Other methods?

If I go with the fumigation/tent method, I know they blow out the place afterwards for a period of time. I would not mind paying extra to leave the blowers on a few more days. What's the recommendation for purge time?

Thanks folks!!!

You sound like a ****in' pussy.
Gas yerself with those damned termites, asshole.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Looks like this treatment is mainly for sub-terranean species ?
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/21/2016 8:55 AM, wrote:

[...]

I contracted Terminex for peace of mind. Neighbors on both sides had to
treat. Ours are subterranean and I was treating myself with the short
term treatments I could apply. A bonus of the Termidor treatment, which
was injection all around the house including drilling through concrete
porch and deck, was we have not seen any ants since.

Treatment for flying termites is another matter and I would not know
what to do. I understand tenting the whole house and fumigating is
expensive. If colony is isolated a maybe he can do it himself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney typed:
Saw some little critters dropping down from the eaves and inside near
a sliding door. I would prefer spot treatment, but I'm sure there's
more that I don't see, and will go with a whole house routine.

A few questions....

I'll call 3-4 pest control companies for prices & reference. Anyone
recommend questions to ask them?

What's the current pesticides to use or stay away from? I'm in
California.

What about cold/freeze or heat treatment? Orange oil? Other methods?

If I go with the fumigation/tent method, I know they blow out the
place afterwards for a period of time. I would not mind paying extra
to leave the blowers on a few more days. What's the recommendation
for purge time?

Thanks folks!!!

The only smart thing to do in this situation is to call a couple of pest
control companies and have them come out and do an inspection to see if you
do actually have termites instead of flying ants or something else. If you
do have termites, they will give you a price for doing the treatment and
they will tell you what they are going to do and what products (such as
Termidor) they will be using.

It is also a good idea to collect a few of the "little critters" that you
see dropping down and seal them in a clear zip bag or something similar.
Then you can show them to whoever comes out to do the inspection.

Good luck

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/22/2016 2:10 PM, TomR wrote:
[...]

Good point. Easy to tell the difference as ants have segmented waist
while termites is smooth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/21/2016 9:00 AM, Frank wrote:
On 10/21/2016 8:55 AM, wrote:

[...]

Wrong again, Frank. About $2100 oughta do it.

Decking treatments GMM UK diy 10 April 11th 11 05:52 PM
re. decking treatments Eddy[_2_] UK diy 33 March 3rd 08 06:11 PM
breatable wood treatments - 2 Qus. VisionSet UK diy 0 September 29th 06 12:32 PM
Window treatments DS Home Repair 20 March 24th 06 10:05 PM
Foaming agents for drywood termite treatments Mike Home Repair 0 October 29th 04 11:17 PM