Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Extendable Handle on Large 1/2" Ratchet

Many years ago, I got a 1/2" (drive) ratchet which had a long handle,
and also had an extendable handle, so with the handle extended, it was
18" to almost 2 feet long. It was in my truck last winter, and someone
apparently stole it, becaue I looked all over the truck and it's gone.

I do not recall where I bought it. It was probably in the early 1980s. I
still miss it, and would like to get another one. Anyone of you ever
seen these anywhere? (Not Harbor Fright, I dont buy their crap). It was
NOT Craftsman, or other top name brand, but was a well made tool that
got used and abused regularly and always held up well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 7:33:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Many years ago, I got a 1/2" (drive) ratchet which had a long handle,
and also had an extendable handle, so with the handle extended, it was
18" to almost 2 feet long. It was in my truck last winter, and someone
apparently stole it, becaue I looked all over the truck and it's gone.

I do not recall where I bought it. It was probably in the early 1980s. I
still miss it, and would like to get another one. Anyone of you ever
seen these anywhere? (Not Harbor Fright, I dont buy their crap). It was
NOT Craftsman, or other top name brand, but was a well made tool that
got used and abused regularly and always held up well.

How good of a mechanic are you if you use a ratchet in place of a breaker bar?