Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hardwood floor mobile home

We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in
family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my
husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can i Use to look like
hardwood

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...e-1111012-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 01:44:01 +0000, Turkey lady 3
m wrote:

We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in
family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my
husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can i Use to look like
hardwood

Trust the husband.

If you get an odd number, add one and divide by two.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 01:44:01 +0000, Turkey lady 3 m wrote:

We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in
family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my
husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can i Use to look like
hardwood

No, your problem is you have a 2010 champion double wide. Remember, duct tape is your friend.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in
family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my
husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can i Use to look like
hardwood

Hardwood can be used if you have a firm enough sub-floor. Kinda hard
to nail hardwood to the compressed cardboard/straw/matchsticks that a
lot of manufacturers use for floor sheathing. Put 5/8" ply down first
over everything and you can put down any hardwood you like.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in
family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my
husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can i Use to look like
hardwood

Hardwood can be used if you have a firm enough sub-floor. Kinda hard
to nail hardwood to the compressed cardboard/straw/matchsticks that a
lot of manufacturers use for floor sheathing. Put 5/8" ply down first
over everything and you can put down any hardwood you like.

The cost of the 5/8" ply would double the cost of the flooring.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in
family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my
husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can i Use to look like
hardwood

Hardwood can be used if you have a firm enough sub-floor. Kinda hard
to nail hardwood to the compressed cardboard/straw/matchsticks that a
lot of manufacturers use for floor sheathing. Put 5/8" ply down first
over everything and you can put down any hardwood you like.

The cost of the 5/8" ply would double the cost of the flooring.

The hardwood will double the cost of the double-wide - so what's your
point??? If you waqnt it you want it - and you pay.
Posted to alt.home.repair

what's wrong with some Laminate?

i think they make them pretty nice looking nowadays?

marc