Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack G. Jack G. is offline

Default Hardwood floor mobile home

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 8:09:31 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 01:44:01 +0000, Turkey lady 3
m wrote:

We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in
family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my
husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can i Use to look like
hardwood

Hardwood can be used if you have a firm enough sub-floor. Kinda hard
to nail hardwood to the compressed cardboard/straw/matchsticks that a
lot of manufacturers use for floor sheathing. Put 5/8" ply down first
over everything and you can put down any hardwood you like.

The cost of the 5/8" ply would double the cost of the flooring.