Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Hurricane Mathew

On 10/06/2016 7:57 PM, dpb wrote:

That's the NOAA boys flying the Orions. Meanwhile, the USAF Reserve 53d
Weather Reconnaissance Squadron based at Keesler Air Force Base in
Biloxi, MS, fly Lockheed WC-130J aircraft directly into the hurricane.
Typically a mission will penetrate the hurricane's eye several times per
mission at altitudes between 500 and 10,000 feet.

And a trace of a recent Matthew fly-thru--

https://icons.wxug.com/hurricane/2016/recon-matthew-0442Z-10.7.16.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 10/07/2016 7:14 AM, Drama Queen wrote:

Yah, but it's not as bad as the media's drama queens would have you
believe. Most of the wind is coming from the loud mouth reporters. Sheeesh!

Ratings do have to be maintained, yes...but--only that the track turned
out (so far) to have been a little farther east kept the highest winds
offshore...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/7/2016 9:53 AM, dpb wrote:
On 10/07/2016 7:14 AM, Drama Queen wrote:

Yah, but it's not as bad as the media's drama queens would have you
believe. Most of the wind is coming from the loud mouth reporters. Sheeesh!

Ratings do have to be maintained, yes...but--only that the track turned out (so far) to have been a little farther east kept the highest winds offshore...

Here's a quote from a weather site:

"As the destruction makes its way up the East Coast, it's time to prepare."

What destruction? Did some panicked Floridians knock over the Puddin' Cup display at a Miami Walmart? What kind of structure is destroyed by a 40 MPH wind?

And who's the idiot that builds junk like that in a hurricane zone? Good grief!

But I'm sure they'll have videos of FEMA unloading body bags from a semi.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/07/2016 07:08 AM, Frank wrote:

[snip]

Guy I know said he bought a generator at about 1/3 price as a return
after a severe storm.

Yesterday, the first time I hears about the storm was some commercial
email from a company called US Carburetion that makes propane conversion
kits for generators.

--
79 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The trouble with divine revelation is that we do not know who did the
business." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other
Essays_]

The eye of the hurricane - Eye of the hurricane.JPG John Fields Electronic Schematics 45 February 1st 10 12:43 AM
Hurricane Ike Al Patrick Metalworking 0 September 19th 08 02:37 AM
Hurricane Shutters John Anderson Home Ownership 11 September 22nd 04 11:43 PM
Hurricane aftermath Arch Woodturning 9 September 20th 04 06:50 AM