Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool light question

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 18:52:58 +0100, FromTheRafters wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword expressed precisely :
On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 01:53:41 +0100, FromTheRafters
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword laid this down on his screen :
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 22:31:01 +0100, FromTheRafters
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword pretended :
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:24:56 +0100, FromTheRafters
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword presented the following explanation :
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:28:58 +0100, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:01:38 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 05:18:55 +0100, wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 01:28:59 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 00:53:42 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 22:37:02 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 21:10:37 +0100, Oren wrote:

Do in ground pool lights use conduit or just the wires buried
deep
below the surface? I have a side view drawing of the pool when
constructed but it doesn't show electrical wires ,just a side
view
of
the pool.

Just use armoured cable, like the cable used to supply the house
with
power. I've used normal flex before, but it rots or gets eaten
by
something.

That would drain your pool. The pool light conduit is flooded by
pool
water.

Not the bit where the electrical connections go.

The conduit goes directly into the wet niche and the cord to the
lamp
runs through the flooded conduit. That is why the junction box has
be elevated above the water line. There is pool water in the
conduit.

What a weird idea. I'd design the lamp housing with the wire coming
out
the back, sealed off from the water.

With a pool light, there is a light housing and a "niche". The
housing
is
a sealed enclosure with SOOW (or
equivalent) cable supplying power to the light circuit. The niche is
non
sealed cavity with conduit
attached leading to the power supply.

The waterproof cable threads through the conduit and the sealed
housing
mounts to the niche. The housing is
equipped with enough extra cable, stored in the niche, to allow the
enclosure to be removed and serviced on
the dry surface surrounding the pool.

Considering the caustic nature of the chemicals used in pool water,
this
approach is brilliant in it's
simplicity and safety.

I see.

Hang on, someone in this group said you died on a roof.

Could you post the message ID of that post?

From: misanthrope
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: death in group
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 17:32:58 +0100

http://www.chronicle-express.com/new...oof-identified

Posted Jul. 25, 2016 at 10:32 AM

PENN YAN €“
Penn Yan Police have identified the man who died last week the roof of
the Walgreen's Drug Store on the corner of Liberty and Elm Streets in
Penn Yan.
Police Chief Mark Hulse reports that Christopher A. Young, 54, of
Farmington, was admitted to the roof of Walgreens by internal access
Tuesday, July 19 to clean the roof drains. There he suffered a heart
related incident and died.
As an independent contractor hired by the Walgreens Corp., Hulse says no
one at the store knew Young's name nor noticed when he did not come down
from the roof. Young's unattended vehicle was later reported to police
who attempted to contact him, but the connection to the man who went up
on the roof was not made until store employees checked the store
security video, and then discovered his body on the roof at 2:10 p.m.
July 22.
Young's name was withheld by police until his family had been notified.
He lived alone with no one to report him missing. Hulse says Young had
only a sister living near him, but it was not unusual for them to be out
of touch for periods of time.
Young's body was removed to Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hospital where
the post mortem was performed by a local pathologist, Dr. Dean, who
ruled the death to be by natural causes related to the heart.
Local Walgreens store management referred all questions to Walgreens
Corporation Media Relations Dept. personnel, who refused to comment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

FromTheRafters wrote:
Betty expressed precisely :
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

So who copied whose name?

Neither, as far as I can tell. I can see posts from Stormin Mormon in
this group as far back as 2012. That's as far back as I have
downloaded posts, he could have been here longer.

I see Stormin' Norman in other groups.

Only one of the two is able to answer your question.

I think they both 'borrowed' the "Stormin'" moniker from this guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Schwarzkopf_Jr.

You may be right.

--
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 21:21:47 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

I doubt you will have any luck finding a LED replacement for a 300w halogen T3 RSC bulb. That seems like
quite an odd duck for a for a pool light.

If I were in your position, I would identify the Light fixture currently in your pool and see if I could find,
on eBay or Amazon, a replacement fixture that would fit your existing niche and that would accept an LED bulb.
I just can't imaging ****ing away that much power for a single pool illumination light bulb.

Depending upon your current light niche, I am finding quite a few fixtures for $100 - $150. I am now going to
bow out and leave any further detective work up to you, good luck.

I do appreciate your help. I'll figure it out by Spring and find a
solution by then.

Could you put a rush on that? I was coming over for dip and I know you want
to appreciate my lovely body.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

RonNNN posted for all of us...

In article ,
says...

James Wilkinson Sword pretended :

I don't see any mention of him at all in that post. Got another?

I'm thinking James Wilkinson's Sword isn't the sharpest razor blade in
the box.

Sort of like a rusted blue blade aye?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

The wet niche also serves to keep the lamp cool.

Just to post... When I think of a wet niche I think of a women and I will
light up her life. Flame on!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 22:34:05 +0100, Tekkie® wrote:

[quoted text muted]
I'm thinking James Wilkinson's Sword isn't the sharpest razor blade in
the box.

Sort of like a rusted blue blade aye?

It's a razor blade manufacturer you ignoranus.

Asshat** Blue blades were steel blades that rusted and were made by
Gillette. I tried the Sword and they aren't worth crap. I think the only
sword you have is the carbuncle on face (ass).

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 02 Oct 2016 14:33:27 +0100, Tekkie® wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 22:34:05 +0100, Tekkie® wrote:

[quoted text muted]
I'm thinking James Wilkinson's Sword isn't the sharpest razor blade in
the box.

Sort of like a rusted blue blade aye?

It's a razor blade manufacturer you ignoranus.

Asshat** Blue blades were steel blades that rusted and were made by
Gillette. I tried the Sword and they aren't worth crap. I think the only
sword you have is the carbuncle on face (ass).

Every razor is pretty much the same, but I've found Wilkinson Sword garden tools last longer.

--
"Flashlights are tubular metal containers kept in a flight bag for the purpose of storing dead batteries."

Cleaning behind pool light Kurt Ullman Home Repair 22 August 11th 12 06:20 AM
Pool light grounding [email protected] Home Repair 2 July 23rd 08 09:56 PM
Pool light replacement Ed Home Repair 3 October 24th 06 11:59 AM
pool light GFCI [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 3rd 05 02:37 AM
Pool Light Niche and Rewiring Question Steven Scharf Home Repair 0 May 20th 04 02:25 AM