Posted to alt.home.repair

Default when I use LED bulbs they will not shut off

Allure by nutone stove range

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ff-902332-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/4/2016 11:14 PM, Mr. Gumby wrote:
Allure by nutone stove range

The hood probably has a dimmer or some other type of electronic control.
Not a lot you can do other than replacing the electronics with
something that is less leaky. If you don't use the dimming feature (if
that's it), you could just put in a switch. You might try calling
Nutone, however, they might have some type of fix, but don't hold you
breath.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 4, 2016 at 10:14:04 PM UTC-5, Mr. Gumby wrote:
Allure by nutone stove range
--

My guess is that when a standard appliance bulb is installed, the lights work properly. Try one LED bulb in one socket and one incandescent appliance bulb in the other. If the lights work properly then, that's a clue. Are the lights controlled by a non mechanical pushbutton? My guess is that the lights are controlled electronically and that an incandescent bulb is a necessary part part of the circuit with a low current (not enough to light it) flowing through it at all times. An LED bulb operates on such little current that the low current always present in the electronic switching circuit is enough to light it. It's a common problem with dusk to dawn floodlight fixtures that have an electronic switching circuit instead of a mechanical relay to turn the bulbs on. If you have some knowledge of electronics, you could take the assembly apart and install a resistor that would take care of the low current or a relay could be installed in the housing but you need to have the knowhow before you modify things. I wish manufacturers had retrofit kits for such situations. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

"Do not combine LED light bulbs and filament bulbs." Adam Funk[_3_] UK diy 16 October 21st 13 08:25 PM
In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada orsome other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing roundlight bulbs and selling them on the internet? Chris Tsao Home Repair 19 March 12th 11 04:09 AM
SHUT-UP No Name Metalworking 6 August 11th 09 04:40 AM
Excellent deal on Landscape Bulbs and Security Bulbs [email protected][_2_] Home Repair 1 November 1st 08 02:06 AM
Comparison of Low Energy bulbs (was Compulsory low-energy light-bulbs) Derek Geldard UK diy 1 March 16th 07 04:52 PM