Posted to alt.home.repair

Default draining water from dehumidifier into sump pump via hose

I attached a hose to the my 70 pint water container in my dehumidifier with
opposite end of hose into the sump pump. Water continues to fill the water
receptacle not draining into the sump pump. What am i missing?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...se-901335-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 03:44:02 +0000, Guitarman1102
m wrote:

I attached a hose to the my 70 pint water container in my dehumidifier with
opposite end of hose into the sump pump. Water continues to fill the water
receptacle not draining into the sump pump. What am i missing?

Some hose outlets are blocked, and need to be cut open. Mine was like
that. Check to see if yours is like that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

I attached a hose to the my 70 pint water container in my dehumidifier with
opposite end of hose into the sump pump. Water continues to fill the water
receptacle not draining into the sump pump. What am i missing?

How about telling us the make and model number.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/29/2016 12:44 AM, Guitarman1102 wrote:
I attached a hose to the my 70 pint water container in my dehumidifier with
opposite end of hose into the sump pump. Water continues to fill the water
receptacle not draining into the sump pump. What am i missing?

Seriously? How about you RTFM? Sheeeesh!
Posted to alt.home.repair

om wrote:

I attached a hose to the my 70 pint water container in my dehumidifier with
opposite end of hose into the sump pump. Water continues to fill the water
receptacle not draining into the sump pump. What am i missing?

How about telling us the make and model number.

Since this is from Homeowners Hub, it's probably from 1958 or something
like that. By now, those 70 pints per day have flooded the basement, and
the OP has drowned in that basement.....

The OP asked "What am i missing?".
He probably missed his own funeral, because his body got sucked into the
sump pump and was discharged into a public storm sewer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 11:44:05 PM UTC-4, Guitarman1102 wrote:
I attached a hose to the my 70 pint water container in my dehumidifier with
opposite end of hose into the sump pump. Water continues to fill the water
receptacle not draining into the sump pump. What am i missing?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...se-901335-.htm

Does the hose pitch downhill to the sump pump? Have you tried unhooking
the hose and see if water comes out? Those drains don't have a lot
of height to work with and work via gravity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 5:03:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Since this is from Homeowners Hub, it's probably from 1958 or something
like that. By now, those 70 pints per day have flooded the basement, and
the OP has drowned in that basement.....

....and drowned his gerbils! o_O