Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drinking water thru clear vinyl tubing OK ???

replying to chirisophus, JimS wrote:
The clear vinyl tubing recommended by Home Depot worker actually has "NOT FOR
ICEMAKER" line printed on the tubing. Too bad I did not see the printing
(pretty faint) until after installation. Need to go back demanding
replacement. The paper label also indicate that it contains chemical
determined to cause cancer in California. So examined the label carefully.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ok-466638-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/23/2016 9:44 PM, JimS wrote:
replying to chirisophus, JimS wrote:
The clear vinyl tubing recommended by Home Depot worker actually has
"NOT FOR
ICEMAKER" line printed on the tubing. Too bad I did not see the printing
(pretty faint) until after installation. Need to go back demanding
replacement. The paper label also indicate that it contains chemical
determined to cause cancer in California. So examined the label carefully.

Sure, just tell them "I'm too stupid to read so I demand my money back"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 23 Aug 2016, JimS
wrote in
alt.home.repair:

The paper label also indicate that it contains chemical determined
to cause cancer in California.

So, just stay out of California. Easy peasy!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 22:04:10 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/23/2016 9:44 PM, JimS wrote:
replying to chirisophus, JimS wrote:
The clear vinyl tubing recommended by Home Depot worker actually has
"NOT FOR
ICEMAKER" line printed on the tubing. Too bad I did not see the printing
(pretty faint) until after installation. Need to go back demanding
replacement. The paper label also indicate that it contains chemical
determined to cause cancer in California. So examined the label carefully.

Sure, just tell them "I'm too stupid to read so I demand my money back"

Guess what..... ALL plastics contain chemicals that will leach into your
drinking water. One of several reasons I wont use PEX pipe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/23/2016 9:44 PM, JimS wrote:
replying to chirisophus, JimS wrote:
The clear vinyl tubing recommended by Home Depot worker actually has
"NOT FOR
ICEMAKER" line printed on the tubing. Too bad I did not see the printing
(pretty faint) until after installation. Need to go back demanding
replacement. The paper label also indicate that it contains chemical
determined to cause cancer in California. So examined the label carefully.

Sure, just tell them "I'm too stupid to read so I demand my money back"

Guess what..... ALL plastics contain chemicals that will leach into your
drinking water. One of several reasons I wont use PEX pipe.

you guys are slipping up..

this was the perfect case for one of those replies...

the OP died 13 years ago of some horrible disease caused by PVC in his water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 01:44:02 +0000, JimS
wrote:

replying to chirisophus, JimS wrote:
The clear vinyl tubing recommended by Home Depot worker actually has "NOT FOR
ICEMAKER" line printed on the tubing. Too bad I did not see the printing

The worker hasn't got time to read every label either and I doubt they
sell any other kind of tubing. I've bought clear vinyl tubing twice
at HD, in the last 18 months, but somehow I can't remember what either
of them was for.

(pretty faint) until after installation. Need to go back demanding
replacement. The paper label also indicate that it contains chemical
determined to cause cancer in California. So examined the label carefully.

Just about everything has that California warning. They must have
made some mistake when they wrote the law, because I'm sure it's not
doing what they intended.

Clear oil-resistant tubing Ed Huntress Metalworking 1 June 3rd 16 05:56 PM
drinking well water micky Home Repair 56 May 2nd 15 11:30 PM
better drinking water Jerry Trumball Home Repair 10 August 21st 08 06:27 AM
Methelene / Methylene Chloride Stain (Drinking Bird Dropped on Sheet Vinyl Floor) [email protected] Home Repair 8 November 20th 06 06:27 PM
Drinking water system tubing fails Henry Home Repair 13 January 17th 06 11:43 PM