Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

Default TERRY COON ASKS A "Win7 question"

In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

In article , says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,

says...

Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 8/23/2016 5:40 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
The wife has a Lenovo laptop with Win7Pro 64 bit on it , and
an unfamiliar "icon" has popped up at the bottom center of
her display . It's a black square with a symbol that looks
like a capital D laid on it's face with a fan of lines
coming out of the curved part . It has a single angled line
across the icon , like the "no parking/no whatever" symbol .
I thought it might be an indicator that the webcam was
turned off , but that doersn't seem to be it . Any idea what
this might indicate and how to turn it off ?

It's the Dick symbol indicating that you got dicked by a
hacker, who now controls the horizontal, the vertical, and
all points in betwixt.

Oh DO please **** off and die .

You mean you haven't covered that webcam lens with a piece of
tape like those of us who know better do?

This desktop doesn't have a webcam . The wife's laptop does ,
but it's disabled .

Maybe that's what that symbol is trying to tell you.

No dumbass , if you'd read the whole thread you'd know the symbol
indicates that the keyboard light is off .

The "whole thread" isn't in the group I'm reading this from,
Dumbass. Would you like to buy some pictures of your wife rubbing
one out, straight from her webcam? Apparently, she's a "lefty".
LOL!

Oh , I see . You're one of those who are too stupid to figure out
how to configure a newsgroup feed and use a real news client instead
of a web interface . You can **** off too .

You're obviously too stupid to read headers, or you'd know I'm not
posting through a web-based interface. No wonder the Kernel
crossposted you to AUK so that we might be entertained by you.

And what are you talking about as regards my wife ? You'd have to
be a lot smarter than you apparently are to hack her webcam .

I thought it was pretty clear. She uses her left hand to pleasure
herself. Ask me how I know...

--
Snag

Just shows how little you know . My wife is neither left handed nor does
she have ro resort to masturbation as do all the women you have known . If
you were man enough ...
Now run along little troll , I'm done wirh you .

I'LL tell you when you're done. I noticed you didn't have anything to
say about the fact you can't read headers to tell when someone's using a
news client instead of a web-based interface, NooB...

Damn, you almost had the leash on him.

--

__

Usenet lits sco
The Royal Order of the DoW.
GIT-R-DONE!
Owner of Fakey
alt.usenet.legends.lamey
AUK Offishal Tinfoil Sombrero award 05/07
Sweetness Seal Of Approval #3
#20 Usenet asshole
#6 Lits Slut
#9 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine
Approved by Lionel
#11 Most posting trolls/hunters/flonkers 2007
#1 Disenfranchised AUK Kookologist.
#1 AUK Galactic Killfile Award
we all know how well that works...LOL
Co-inventer of the "Prongtard Yap-Dog Award"
working on one of them specheel AUK awards
St. Lamey - Patron Saint Of Bridges, Underpasses and Caves
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

Hey Checkie, He called you a dumbass. LOL

I've already started punishing him for it.

--

Checkmate, Royal Order of the DoW #1, and Official Ko0K Wrangler
Destroyer of the AUK Ko0k Vote (Post-Burnore)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

In article ,
says...

In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

He'll be back.

--

Checkmate, Royal Order of the DoW #1, and Official Ko0K Wrangler
Destroyer of the AUK Ko0k Vote (Post-Burnore)
Originator of the "Dance for me" (tm) lame
Copyright © 2016
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks
% % is offline

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

make sure you get him good remember ,
the important thing is you win

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

In article , says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

I know. I already made him run away, so I won.

--

Checkmate, Royal Order of the DoW #1, and Official Ko0K Wrangler
Destroyer of the AUK Ko0k Vote (Post-Burnore)
Originator of the "Dance for me" (tm) lame
Copyright © 2016
all rights reserved

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

In article , says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

aint usernetz great?

--

__

Usenet lits sco
The Royal Order of the DoW.
GIT-R-DONE!
Owner of Fakey
alt.usenet.legends.lamey
AUK Offishal Tinfoil Sombrero award 05/07
Sweetness Seal Of Approval #3
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry Coombs"
Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:10:47 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

bob_villa wrote:
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 12:46:32 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs
wrote:
Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

You mean you haven't covered that webcam lens with a piece of
tape like those of us who know better do?

This desktop doesn't have a webcam . The wife's laptop does ,
but
it's disabled .

...and there is spyware that can re-enable it!

Said spyware would have to get past several layers of malware ,
spyware ,
and virus protection on the computer . You're still a jackhole .

The get past several layers thing sounds like you have a very false
sense of security afforded to you by the programs you use. It takes
very little effort/skill to modify already existing source code to
create something that would slip past your resident defenses. It
takes a bit more skill/more effort to write something from scratch to
do the same thing...

Your antimalware applications have one thing in common aside from
their heuristics abilities; they rely on signatures. Which means, to
put it bluntly, they have to already know the malware exists before
they're actually able to detect/possibly reverse unwanted changes it
may make to your system. Heuristics may be able to detect specific
changes and alert you to that, assuming the malware in question
doesn't have self preservation routines that involve disabling your
antimalware applications in some way.

If you're using Malwarebytes Antimalware for example, the malware has
several options to evade it and/or disable it, if it so desires. Upto
and including (I kid you not) reconfiguring the software to target
legitimate things and ignore the malware itself. Presently, that
particular antimalware application doesn't take it's own security
seriously as far as unwanted changes to it's own configuration and or
executables.

Sadly, the malware sample doesn't actually have to modify any files
on disk to get around the protections afforded by that particular
program. It can patch in memory instead and achieve the same results,
slightly easier (from the point of view of accessing configuration
data/malware definitions) than it can by patching the files on disk.
I do not expect this vulnerability to last for too much longer,
however. At some point, Malwarebytes Corporation will do a better job
of protecting their own program against unwanted modifications to
either it's configuration file(s) and/or the program itself.

My apologies in advance if you already knew about these issues.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

In article ,
says...

In article , ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]

Only when you win.

--

Checkmate, Royal Order of the DoW #1, and Official Ko0K Wrangler
Destroyer of the AUK Ko0k Vote (Post-Burnore)
Originator of the "Dance for me" (tm) lame
Copyright © 2016
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

You mean you haven't covered that webcam lens with a piece of tape
like those of us who know better do?

This desktop doesn't have a webcam . The wife's laptop does , but
it's disabled .

...and there is spyware that can re-enable it!

Said spyware would have to get past several layers of malware , spyware ,
and virus protection on the computer .

You should pay attention to what 'Diesel' has posted to you.

He knows more about such matters than most folk!

--
"I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them."
Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)