Posted to alt.home.repair

Default irrigation - pump cycling

Pressure tank with 40/60 pressure switch to pump start relay to submersible
pump, maybe 1.5hp, maybe 2hp

We want to add some irrigation to foundation plantings. The well output
exceeds the water needs. How do we stop pump cycling?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2016 7:33 AM, dadiOH wrote:
Pressure tank with 40/60 pressure switch to pump start relay to submersible
pump, maybe 1.5hp, maybe 2hp

We want to add some irrigation to foundation plantings. The well output
exceeds the water needs. How do we stop pump cycling?

Thanks

You can't stop pump cycling, only reduce the frequency.

Start by checking your tank bladder for proper inflation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 10:02:49 AM UTC-4, Rick wrote:
On 8/20/2016 7:33 AM, dadiOH wrote:
Pressure tank with 40/60 pressure switch to pump start relay to submersible
pump, maybe 1.5hp, maybe 2hp

We want to add some irrigation to foundation plantings. The well output
exceeds the water needs. How do we stop pump cycling?

Thanks

You can't stop pump cycling, only reduce the frequency.

Start by checking your tank bladder for proper inflation.

Actually, you can, with a cycle stop valve:

http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/csvbasicinfo_8.html

It throttles the flow of water from the well to maintain a constant
pressure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 09:33:16 -0400
"dadiOH" wrote:

Pressure tank with 40/60 pressure switch to pump start relay to
submersible pump, maybe 1.5hp, maybe 2hp

We want to add some irrigation to foundation plantings. The well
output exceeds the water needs. How do we stop pump cycling?

Thanks

Larger pressure tank