Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Which side of toilet for paper holder?

I saw a posting somewhere (maybe here) where the poster was concerned that the toilet paper holder would be on the left side of the seated person. The poster was concerned about right-handed persons using a toilet paper holder on the left side of the seated person.

My wife and I are both right-handed and our 3 bathrooms all have paper holders on the left side of the seated person. We have never had a problem, in fact I don't think we ever even thought about it until I read the above-mentioned posting.

Any polite comments??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2016 10:11 PM, wrote:
I saw a posting somewhere (maybe here) where the poster was concerned that the toilet paper holder would be on the left side of the seated person. The poster was concerned about right-handed persons using a toilet paper holder on the left side of the seated person.

My wife and I are both right-handed and our 3 bathrooms all have paper holders on the left side of the seated person. We have never had a problem, in fact I don't think we ever even thought about it until I read the above-mentioned posting.

Any polite comments??

You posted here and want polite?

We have one of each. I prefer the wall mounted on the left as it is
easier to reach. The right mounted one is on the vanity and sits back a
bit too far. The guy that mounted it did not want to drill the ceramic
tile, but we did in the other bathroom.

I don't have any preference to side bit I prefer it to be just ahead of
the toilet.

I found this and agree.
Height Placement
According to the NKBA, a wall-mounted toilet paper holder works best if
installed 26 inches above the floor, on center. "On center" means that
the center of the holder, as opposed to the bottom or top of it, is 26
inches above the floor. This installation height works well with
standard as well as comfort height, or handicapped, toilets.
Distance From Toilet
The other important measurement is that it should be placed eight to 12
inches, on center, from the toilet to the facing wall. Measure from the
very front of the toilet bowl. To optimize this measurement, consider
the average height of household members and place it eight to 10 inches
from the front of the bowl for shorter users and households with kids;
place it 10 to 12 inches in front of the bowl for households consisting
of taller members.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 22:32:02 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We have one of each. I prefer the wall mounted on the left as it is
easier to reach. The right mounted one is on the vanity and sits back a
bit too far. The guy that mounted it did not want to drill the ceramic
tile, but we did in the other bathroom.

When it comes time to do the paperwork, I really dont care where it's
located as long as there is paper on the roll. Public restrooms have it
on either side, and some places just sit the roll on the tank top. As
long as there is paper, I'm satisfied!

/) (\
.-._((,~~.))_.-,
`-. @ @ ,-'
/ ,o--o. \
( ( .__. ) )
) `----' (
/ \
/ \
/ \

PAINTED COW

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/16 9:27 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:

That being said, if you want a *real* argument, ask if the paper should
come over the top or from behind.

No argument at all Mike, numerous scientific studies have proven that
the only way to hang the roll is with the sheets dropping down the front
of the roll.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20/08/16 03:36, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

Generally when I reach for it, it's in the other room....

Then grab the toilet paper only when you need to enter the toilet. This
is actually a good thing as the toilet paper can stay clean away from
the germs and pollutants inside toilets.

Some public toilets in Hong Kong is designed that way.

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOMO HOFFMAN ASKS, "Which side of toilet for paper holder?"

it all depends on what State you live in
[check you local/state laws]

here in California, the holder can only be placed on the Left;
when i lived in Nevada, it had to be on the Right

marc