Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are Poulan chainsaws made by Husqvarna

A local guy who rebuilds and sells used chainsaws and other small engine
devices, told me that Poulan chainsaws are made by Husqvarna. While this
is possible, I never heard it before and wonder if this guy was just
"talking ****" to try and make a sale.

Stihl saws used to be considered the "top of the line", but it appears
that these days it's Husqvarna, so it's apparent that comparing any saw
to that brand is a way to make a sale.

I have not had much experience with Poulan, although I know a guy who
owns one and says he likes it, and it's reliable.

My best chainsaws have always been the old Stihl Farmboss. I have
several of them, but they are heavy and like to kickback on small twigs.
So, I was looking at a small Poulan this guy has for sale. That saw is
light and is is made for the branches and small stuff, with it's 14"
bar.

Actually my preferered saw for smaller branches is my electric chainsaw,
but sometimes I am too far from a power source.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 4:28:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Poulan is, has and always been made by the Husqvarna company all under the Electrolux company of Sweden. Electrolux just recently spun off Poulan on it's own. They have been platicky for the past 15-20 years. Even back when Poulan was the preferred "climbing saw" for professional climbers (1970's-1980's), who didnt want to spend the extra money to afford Stihl or Echo which are both better products but also more fussy when it comes to running and weather. Poulans, for the money swere the best valuse. When it comes to (relatively) mopdern GROUND saws, Husqvarna probably tops the list for value, durability etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Poulan was started as an American company in Louisiana,so,they were not
"Always owned" by Electrolux.

Poulan chainsaws cj Home Repair 35 April 3rd 13 10:05 PM
Poulan Pro lawn mower Frank[_15_] Home Repair 2 July 17th 09 11:33 AM
Other advancements were also being made to improve the durability ofthe wristwatch. The faces were replace with ones made of synthetic plastic.This made them much more durable and resistant to breaking and cracking.Another advancement was in the dial wholesale2 Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 08:16 PM
Poulan help Harry K Home Repair 19 February 3rd 08 01:42 PM
Poulan Chainsaw Won't Oil Bar And Chain Ron Home Repair 8 January 9th 06 03:01 AM