Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Very Important Opinion Needed

I'm asking for an opinion of what anyone out there thinks would be the best choice for an extremely important necessity most people need, including me, for good mental health. I obtained two of the very important items when I was in a hospital after a heart attach in 2013. Unfortunately, both are now broken and I must replace them in order to keep some semblance of mental stability. I can order the item or items online and would appreciate an honest opinion of what I should consider purchasing. Thanks for any sincere thoughts. ^_^

What I own now are like this item:

http://tinyurl.com/gtm8a8e

I'm considering these replacements:

http://tinyurl.com/jpoxhca

http://tinyurl.com/hvfsj5o

http://tinyurl.com/jlarrzh

http://tinyurl.com/zy7r9dw

https://goo.gl/TqTxgI

I'm thinking this one may be my best choice:

https://goo.gl/UQkBgv

[8~{} Uncle Mental Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

On 08/11/2016 02:35 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I'm asking for an opinion of what anyone out there thinks would be the best choice for an extremely important necessity most people need,
http://tinyurl.com/gtm8a8e

Hey Uncle Malware Monster,

Your tinyurl links tried to run bizrate spyware scripts on my computer.
**** tinyurl, just use the original amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AOBFR44
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 4:09:54 AM UTC-5, a wrote:
On 08/11/2016 02:35 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I'm asking for an opinion of what anyone out there thinks would be the best choice for an extremely important necessity most people need,
http://tinyurl.com/gtm8a8e

Hey Uncle Malware Monster,

Your tinyurl links tried to run bizrate spyware scripts on my computer.
**** tinyurl, just use the original amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AOBFR44

Sorry about that, I've never had a malware issue with tinyurl. I don't think it's intentional. Did you look at the Google links that were shortened? Perhaps those don't have any scripts that would trigger your anti malware software? My Chrome browser is pretty locked down and I rarely see any kind of malware. Hell, I don't see most ads. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Chrome Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 01:35:25 -0700 (PDT)
Uncle Monster wrote:

I'm asking for an opinion of what anyone out there thinks would be
the best choice for an extremely important necessity most people
need, including me, for good mental health. I obtained two of the
very important items when I was in a hospital after a heart attach in
2013. Unfortunately, both are now broken and I must replace them in
order to keep some semblance of mental stability. I can order the
item or items online and would appreciate an honest opinion of what I
should consider purchasing. Thanks for any sincere thoughts. ^_^

What I own now are like this item:

I'm thinking this one may be my best choice:

[8~{} Uncle Mental Monster

tinyurl is scum...more like something
david brooks would use...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster has brought this to us :
On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 4:09:54 AM UTC-5, a wrote:
On 08/11/2016 02:35 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I'm asking for an opinion of what anyone out there thinks would be the best
choice for an extremely important necessity most people need,
http://tinyurl.com/gtm8a8e

Hey Uncle Malware Monster,

Your tinyurl links tried to run bizrate spyware scripts on my computer.
**** tinyurl, just use the original amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AOBFR44

Sorry about that, I've never had a malware issue with tinyurl. I don't think
it's intentional. Did you look at the Google links that were shortened?
Perhaps those don't have any scripts that would trigger your anti malware
software? My Chrome browser is pretty locked down and I rarely see any kind
of malware. Hell, I don't see most ads. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Chrome Monster

I have the 'small hand/shoehorn' model, only mine's made of brass.
Great for when your back and shoulders don't work like they used to.
However, the walking dead model seems a good fit for you if you don't
have back pain.

The one with straight jagged teeth looks good too, because sometimes
shoulders don't allow for much motion up and down but the sideways
sweeping motion might be just right in that case.

If your shoulders always hurt the same way, which is not the case with
me, then you must decide which is right for you. I also have a strap
type, but it isn't nearly 'scratchy' enough.

These look scratchy enough:

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Sisal.../dp/B007SBFYQE

The 'glove' type definitely wouldn't work for me unless my shoulders
didn't hurt, and then I wouldn't need them anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

[...]

Here's what I use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pk-Pasta-Sp...on-Fork-Scoop-
Kitchen-Tool-Utensil-Noodle-Claw-Blk-/381316259029

--
RonNNN
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/11/2016 02:35 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I'm thinking this one may be my best choice:

https://goo.gl/UQkBgv

http://www.russiancupid.com/en/women...nother-country
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 08:27:40 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

The one with straight jagged teeth looks good too, because sometimes
shoulders don't allow for much motion up and down but the sideways
sweeping motion might be just right in that case.

Gator foot model: https://tinyurl.com/j2pr7tu
Posted to alt.home.repair

RonNNN explained :
In article ,
says...

[...]

We've got one of those too, but we use it for spaghetti and/or egg
noodles. I'm not sure the handle is long enough for 'bad days'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

wrote:

The one with straight jagged teeth looks good too, because sometimes
shoulders don't allow for much motion up and down but the sideways
sweeping motion might be just right in that case.

Gator foot model: https://tinyurl.com/j2pr7tu

I had one of those but the stick broke.

--
RonNNN

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren formulated the question :
wrote:

The one with straight jagged teeth looks good too, because sometimes
shoulders don't allow for much motion up and down but the sideways
sweeping motion might be just right in that case.

Gator foot model: https://tinyurl.com/j2pr7tu

Nice! Is that a homemade one?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 7:27:46 AM UTC-5, FromTheRafters wrote:
[...]

I need something with a long reach because my shoulders are shredded, they actually make noise. I had a similar exfoliating back scrubber I used years ago in the shower and I liked it but my shoulders are too wrecked to use one now. I have a back brush on a handle at home that's served me well but I dropped and broke the one I had here at the center so I want to get a wooden handled back scrubber with a removable brush. When a CNA is giving me a bath, I tell him/her to pretend they're washing their dog because I can't really reach anywhere. ^_^

I do like the last item on the list because it's a time saver due to the wide area it covers. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Itchy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 7:43:53 AM UTC-5, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

That's way too short for me because of my limited range of motion. I have to have something with a long handle. Hey, I know, I just came up with an idea for a new product. There's the Roomba for cleaning your floors, I should develop a battery operated "Backba" for scratching your back. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Rechargeable Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster formulated on Thursday :
[...]

Mine too, sometimes they just snap/crackle/pop/clunk and sometimes they
snap and can be heard clear across the room.

I had a similar exfoliating back scrubber I used years
ago in the shower and I liked it but my shoulders are too wrecked to use one
now.

There are so many different ways for them to hurt that it is difficult
for anyone else to guess just which sort of problem you have. My
shoulder problems change a lot; I never knew there were so many
different ways for shoulders to hurt. I guess I'm lucky in a way
because sometimes they don't hurt at all for days and I can *almost*
use them in a normal manner.

I have a back brush on a handle at home that's served me well but I
dropped and broke the one I had here at the center so I want to get a wooden
handled back scrubber with a removable brush. When a CNA is giving me a bath,
I tell him/her to pretend they're washing their dog because I can't really
reach anywhere. ^_^

I know the feeling. But my knees seldom hurt so I can use the 'bear'
method against a doorjam sometimes when the shoulders are acting up.

I do like the last item on the list because it's a time saver due to the wide
area it covers. ^_^

I thought the same thing when I saw that 'garden rake' model. Others
might take it as a joke, but I sure didn't.
Posted to alt.home.repair

FromTheRafters used his keyboard to write :
[...]

Door jamb - I just checked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 09:39:22 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

Gator foot model: https://tinyurl.com/j2pr7tu

Nice! Is that a homemade one?

If you can do taxidermy and the gator doesn't mind

They sell them in tourist traps in Florida.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I've used a yardstick on occasion, and I thought of making something
from all the scrap in my basement, but mostly when it itches, which is
no more often than once a month, I rub my back on doorframe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren formulated on Thursday :
wrote:

Gator foot model: https://tinyurl.com/j2pr7tu

Nice! Is that a homemade one?

If you can do taxidermy and the gator doesn't mind

They sell them in tourist traps in Florida.

I suspected as much. I have family there so maybe I can get one shipped
to me, maybe some shoes or luggage to match.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Micky formulated on Thursday :
wrote:

[...]

Yes, that works well for me also. My portable unit with the shoehorn
sits near my bed for easy access.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 9:07:08 AM UTC-5, FromTheRafters wrote:
Uncle Monster formulated on Thursday :

I do like the last item on the list because it's a time saver due to the wide
area it covers. ^_^

I thought the same thing when I saw that 'garden rake' model. Others
might take it as a joke, but I sure didn't.

The Redneck Back Scratcher has already helped me in one way. It made me laugh. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Redneck Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:39:50 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

Micky formulated on Thursday :
On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 08:27:40 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:
/...............
If your shoulders always hurt the same way, which is not the case with
me, then you must decide which is right for you. I also have a strap
type, but it isn't nearly 'scratchy' enough.

These look scratchy enough:

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Sisal.../dp/B007SBFYQE

The 'glove' type definitely wouldn't work for me unless my shoulders
didn't hurt, and then I wouldn't need them anyway.

I've used a yardstick on occasion, and I thought of making something
from all the scrap in my basement, but mostly when it itches, which is
no more often than once a month, I rub my back on doorframe.

Yes, that works well for me also. My portable unit with the shoehorn
sits near my bed for easy access.

Yes, it's hard to rub your back on the doorframe when you're lying in
bed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Gator foot model: https://tinyurl.com/j2pr7tu

Nice! Is that a homemade one?

If you can do taxidermy and the gator doesn't mind

They sell them in tourist traps in Florida.

I suspected as much. I have family there so maybe I can get one shipped
to me, maybe some shoes or luggage to match.

Mom fooled me once. I thought I got a football. Turned out to be a
damn Armadillo purse.

https://tinyurl.com/hj5eutp
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Gator foot model: https://tinyurl.com/j2pr7tu

Nice! Is that a homemade one?

If you can do taxidermy and the gator doesn't mind

They sell them in tourist traps in Florida.

I suspected as much. I have family there so maybe I can get one shipped
to me, maybe some shoes or luggage to match.

Mom fooled me once. I thought I got a football. Turned out to be a
damn Armadillo purse.

https://tinyurl.com/hj5eutp

Now *that's* just weird. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Gator foot model: https://tinyurl.com/j2pr7tu

Nice! Is that a homemade one?

If you can do taxidermy and the gator doesn't mind

They sell them in tourist traps in Florida.

I suspected as much. I have family there so maybe I can get one shipped
to me, maybe some shoes or luggage to match.

Mom fooled me once. I thought I got a football. Turned out to be a
damn Armadillo purse.

https://tinyurl.com/hj5eutp

Now *that's* just weird. LOL

Being a young boy I told mom to carry the bag. I was disappointed :- \
I did carry the food inside. '56 Chevy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I'm asking for an opinion of what anyone out there thinks would be the best choice for an extremely important necessity most people need, including me, for good mental health. I obtained two of the very important items when I was in a hospital after a heart attach in 2013. Unfortunately, both are now broken and I must replace them in order to keep some semblance of mental stability. I can order the item or items online and would appreciate an

honest opinion of what I should consider purchasing. Thanks for any sincere thoughts. ^_^

What I own now are like this item:

http://tinyurl.com/gtm8a8e

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm considering these replacements:

http://tinyurl.com/jpoxhca

http://tinyurl.com/hvfsj5o

http://tinyurl.com/jlarrzh

http://tinyurl.com/zy7r9dw

https://goo.gl/TqTxgI

I'm thinking this one may be my best choice:

https://goo.gl/UQkBgv

[8~{} Uncle Mental Monster

The original one. I have two. One for the wife and one for me. I think they
are a buck at Ace hardware. I've tried the metal spaghetti type but they
didn't give me the satisfaction...

I don't know about the rubber block one, doesn't appear it would provide the
same level of performance.

In the final analysis it's all personal preference...
--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/11/2016 1:31 PM, Micky wrote:

I've used a yardstick on occasion, and I thought of making something
from all the scrap in my basement, but mostly when it itches, which is
no more often than once a month, I rub my back on doorframe.

Yes, that works well for me also. My portable unit with the shoehorn
sits near my bed for easy access.

Yes, it's hard to rub your back on the doorframe when you're lying in
bed.

I can send you a section of doorframe so you can have a portable unit.
How long? 24" do it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/11/16 3:35 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I'm asking for an opinion of what anyone out there thinks would be
the best choice for an extremely important necessity most people
need, including me, for good mental health. I obtained two of the
very important items when I was in a hospital after a heart attach in
2013. Unfortunately, both are now broken and I must replace them in
order to keep some semblance of mental stability. I can order the
item or items online and would appreciate an honest opinion of what I
should consider purchasing. Thanks for any sincere thoughts. ^_^

Some snipped.
Have you looked here?
http://www.backscratcherworld.com/52-370.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 9:28:02 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/11/16 3:35 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I'm asking for an opinion of what anyone out there thinks would be
the best choice for an extremely important necessity most people
need, including me, for good mental health. I obtained two of the
very important items when I was in a hospital after a heart attach in
2013. Unfortunately, both are now broken and I must replace them in
order to keep some semblance of mental stability. I can order the
item or items online and would appreciate an honest opinion of what I
should consider purchasing. Thanks for any sincere thoughts. ^_^

Some snipped.
Have you looked here?
http://www.backscratcherworld.com/52-370.htm

OMG! There's a backscratcher Mecca! That could be the one! It could do a better job than a gal with long fingernails, no maintenance. My sanity is saved! The torture can end! Thank you, thank you, thank you! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Saved Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 18:44:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/11/2016 1:31 PM, Micky wrote:

I've used a yardstick on occasion, and I thought of making something
from all the scrap in my basement, but mostly when it itches, which is
no more often than once a month, I rub my back on doorframe.

Yes, that works well for me also. My portable unit with the shoehorn
sits near my bed for easy access.

Yes, it's hard to rub your back on the doorframe when you're lying in
bed.

I can send you a section of doorframe so you can have a portable unit.
How long? 24" do it?

Well, 36" is better. My bed is next to the window and and I need to
make a bracket to attach it to the window frame and the bed.

I'll send you my shipping address by email.