Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refrigerator not cooling

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 5:34:50 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 5:26:50 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 20:53:23 +0100, "James Wilkinson"
wrote:

I have never heard of anyone vacuuming coils. What a crazy idea.

You red belly brits are really dumb asses.

Good grief! A discussion about a malfunctioning refrigerator turns into an international gerbil incident. o_O

[8~{} Unclear Purple Monsturd

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have never heard of anyone vacuuming coils. What a crazy idea.

You red belly brits are really dumb asses.

Our fridges work fine without hoovering. Just how dirty is your home?

--
A lawyer is simply a computer on two legs. It cannot think for itself, all it can do is remember vast amounts of information - past cases, billions of strange laws, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have never heard of anyone vacuuming coils. What a crazy idea.

You red belly brits are really dumb asses.

Good grief! A discussion about a malfunctioning refrigerator turn into an international incident. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Perplexed Monster

America is too stupid (I mean stoopid they can't even get that right) to survive much longer.

--
The only differences between lawyers and prostitutes are that prostitutes are generally better looking and more honest about how they make a living.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 23:18:40 +0100, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 20:48:46 +0100, "James Wilkinson"
wrote:

Note for ULM users: "James Wilkinson" is troll
Mr Macaw's latest handle.

Why don't you go **** yourself?

Are you mad yet? People are figuring you out.

There is nothing to figure out. I am hiding nothing.

--
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have never heard of anyone vacuuming coils. What a crazy idea.

You red belly brits are really dumb asses.

Our fridges work fine without hoovering. Just how dirty is your home?

Cleaning:
€“ As well as maintaining the general cleanliness of your fridge freezer;
there are also other areas that need to be covered. The coils at the
back of your fridge freezer remove heat; if they become blocked by dirt
and dust it prevents the compressor working as effectively. To clean the
coils, unplug the appliance, turn the back of the unit around for easy
cleaning access, and de-dust the coils with either a vacuum or duster.

http://www.serviceforce.co.UK/blog/k...ridge-freezer/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"James Wilkinson"
news alt.home.repair, wrote:

And a failed neutral would give a compressor zero volts across it.

https://www.nachi.org/forum/f19/open...happens-94391/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVamt9IdQd8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Q0M32puGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsSlQnGCvdg

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/10/2016 4:32 PM, Diesel wrote:
"James Wilkinson"
news alt.home.repair, wrote:

And a failed neutral would give a compressor zero volts across it.

https://www.nachi.org/forum/f19/open...happens-94391/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVamt9IdQd8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Q0M32puGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsSlQnGCvdg

Sure, but you are assuming the OP does not move to the UK.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have never heard of anyone vacuuming coils. What a crazy idea.

You red belly brits are really dumb asses.

Good grief! A discussion about a malfunctioning refrigerator turn into an international incident. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Perplexed Monster

America is too stupid (I mean stoopid they can't even get that right) to survive much longer.

--
The only differences between lawyers and prostitutes are that prostitutes are generally better looking and more honest about how they make a living.

I like...Canadians, and Aussie, and Brits, and then Red Necks...but *you* have stupid pretty much covered, in any dimension of existence!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have never heard of anyone vacuuming coils. What a crazy idea.

You red belly brits are really dumb asses.

Good grief! A discussion about a malfunctioning refrigerator turn into an international incident. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Perplexed Monster

America is too stupid (I mean stoopid they can't even get that right) to survive much longer.

--
The only differences between lawyers and prostitutes are that prostitutes are generally better looking and more honest about how they make a living.

I like...Canadians, and Aussie, and Brits, and then Red Necks...but *you* have stupid pretty much covered, in any dimension of existence!

List your reasoning immediately. Or I'll challenge you to a naked mudwrestle.

--
In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick thicker than his thumb. Hence we have the "rule of thumb".
Posted to alt.home.repair

Where we have proper electricity, not some shoddy piece of **** split in two.

--
"I was walking down fifth avenue today and I found a wallet, and I was gonna keep it, rather than return it, but I thought: well, if I lost a hundred and fifty dollars, how would I feel? And I realized I would want to be taught a lesson."
-- Emo Philips

Posted to alt.home.repair

Absolute and utter bull****, as I know nobody who does that, yet they all last for 25 years. The coils are hot. Excess dust will just burn off..

--
What has four legs, is big, green, fuzzy, and if it fell out of a tree would kill you?
A pool table.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have never heard of anyone vacuuming coils. What a crazy idea.

You red belly brits are really dumb asses.

Good grief! A discussion about a malfunctioning refrigerator turn into an international incident. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Perplexed Monster

America is too stupid (I mean stoopid they can't even get that right) to survive much longer.
--

I suppose you know this from your own experience. You lost an empire and you're now prostrating yourself in front of invading Muslim hordes. I imagine The United States will last much longer than your tiny island nation. Americans are angry, you don't want to make Americans angry. Our experiment with an Affirmative Action Executive Branch of our federal government is coming to an end. It's been a dismal failure and will never be repeated. The good thing about our system of government is that we can change it without a violent civil war unless it's really necessary. It happened a century and a half back and I don't think it will happen again but don't push the people too much. If our British cousins get into deep trouble again like you did back in the first half of the last century, don't worry, we'll come to your aid as we're wont to do. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle American Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 17:26:03 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

James Wilkinson posted for all of us...

And a failed neutral would give a compressor zero volts across it.

Really?

Depends where the neutral fails and what the load balance is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have never heard of anyone vacuuming coils. What a crazy idea.

You red belly brits are really dumb asses.

Our fridges work fine without hoovering. Just how dirty is your home?

Cleaning:
– As well as maintaining the general cleanliness of your fridge freezer;
there are also other areas that need to be covered. The coils at the
back of your fridge freezer remove heat; if they become blocked by dirt
and dust it prevents the compressor working as effectively. To clean the
coils, unplug the appliance, turn the back of the unit around for easy
cleaning access, and de-dust the coils with either a vacuum or duster.

http://www.serviceforce.co.UK/blog/k...ridge-freezer/

Have not seen a back coil on an american refrigerator in what? - 15
years or more?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/10/2016 04:51 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Our fridges work fine without hoovering. Just how dirty is your home?

Forget the fridges, you got worse problems. How cum you kiddies can't get it up?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ms-study-finds
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

James Wilkinson posted for all of us...

And a failed neutral would give a compressor zero volts across it.

Really?

Depends where the neutral fails and what the load balance is.

Doesn't happen with a grown up voltage supply like the UK.

--
Did you hear about the new instant lottery game in India?
You scratch the ticket and if the dot matches the one on your forehead, you win a convenience store in the US.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 09:53:09 +0100, Cli Ma wrote:

On 08/10/2016 04:51 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Our fridges work fine without hoovering. Just how dirty is your home?

Forget the fridges, you got worse problems. How cum you kiddies can't get it up?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ms-study-finds

The problem is the prudishness of society. We should all be running around naked, not hiding our bits away.

--
If you are having sex with TWO women and ONE more woman walks in, what do you have?
Divorce proceedings, most likely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"James Wilkinson" wrote:

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 19:35:14 +0100, Frank Thompson
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 1:35:39 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 18:10:25 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

Frank Thompson wrote:
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 12:29:47 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 06:54:00 -0700 (PDT), Frank Thompson
wrote:

Side by side Whirlpool refrigerator is cooling only to 58 degrees
when set to lowest setting. Serviceman replaced diffuser, but that
did not remedy the problem. Freezer side is working fine. Any
suggestions appreciated.

... unplug the power cord for 5 minutes

Reboot the unit :-)

did that to no avail

Frost free crap?
Probably frozen up to hell.
Put your food in somebody else's fridge, unplug, and leave a fan heater
pointing to the open doors overnight. Put some towels down ---- etc.
If that cures the problem, it will probably do it again.

When a fridge or freezer breaks, I just replace it. They're not
economically serviceable.

It is less than three years old

That's odd, I've never known one break that soon. Take it back to the shop.
Not sure about America, but in the UK anything up to about 6 years you can
take things back that are not lasting an expected amount of time.

What are you suggesting that "take it back to the shop" will fix? And,
what shop?

--
charles
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 17:31:15 +0100, Charles Bishop wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Their problem at their expense.

And, what shop?

The one you bought it from, to avoid embarrassment.

--
If you are having sex with TWO women and ONE more woman walks in, what do you have?
Divorce proceedings, most likely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 12:31:20 PM UTC-4, Charles Bishop wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That must be some great system, where if a repair isn't lasting up
to about 6 years you can take it back. It would seem to me that
would put a lot places out of business or greatly raise the rates.

In this case, what's being suggested is obvious. The OP apparently
had it diagnosed and fixed, but replacing the diffuser didn't solve
it. So, he needs to call the repair guy back. Whatever is wrong
it would appear that it's related to getting cold air from the
freezer into the fridge section. Besides a passage, that could
involve a fan, thermostat, maybe a control board in between.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, I meant 6 years from brand new. The device is then unfit for purpose. Depends on the device, it's the time that it should be reasonably expected to last.

In this case, what's being suggested is obvious. The OP apparently
had it diagnosed and fixed, but replacing the diffuser didn't solve
it. So, he needs to call the repair guy back. Whatever is wrong
it would appear that it's related to getting cold air from the
freezer into the fridge section. Besides a passage, that could
involve a fan, thermostat, maybe a control board in between.

--
Mixed emotions are when your mother-in-law drives your new Ferrari off the cliff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Side by side Whirlpool refrigerator is cooling only to 58 degrees
when set to lowest setting. Serviceman replaced diffuser, but
that did not remedy the problem. Freezer side is working fine. Any
suggestions appreciated.

... unplug the power cord for 5 minutes

Reboot the unit :-)

did that to no avail

Frost free crap?
Probably frozen up to hell.
Put your food in somebody else's fridge, unplug, and leave a fan
heater pointing to the open doors overnight. Put some towels down
---- etc. If that cures the problem, it will probably do it again.

When a fridge or freezer breaks, I just replace it. They're not
economically serviceable.

Many Thermostats cost less than 10 quid.

Indeed. I replaced the thermostat in my refrigerator side for under
$20. And several years later, the little fan for even less.
Certainly less than 10 squid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 20:45:10 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

With something which receives wear and tear from the user, I agree. For
example the door fell off because your kid was swinging on it. But if the
compressor motor dies after 3 years, that cannot possibly
have been due to user error. The compressor is sealed and not
touched by the operator.

We could always speculate on the doors of the fridge freezer being left wide
open and the compressor running 24/7. This happens.

It's happened to me. Not wide open but an inch. I have the doors set
to shut themselves, and twice the food was sticking out too far and
the fridge door didn't shut. Maybe 24 hours. Water all over the
things inside, from condensation of the humid outside air when it
wanders inside.

In addition, I had, ahem, mice and a mouse got stuck in the fan at the
very bottom of the fridge, near the back, so that part had no cooling,
for several days.

I was sure one of these things I caused would kill it. But it's 37
years and still works fine, and has only needed a thermostat and a
little replacement fan, and neither of those followed closely on my
mistreatment.

I'm very gentle and I haven't broken any plastic parts either. I
wonder what the time limit on that is. (I had a big simple flexible
plastic bowl, sort of like it had some rubber in it, big enough for a
head of lettuce, a partial tomato, pepper, etc. I also used it to
give out Halloween candy. One Halloween I bumped it on the door, not
even very hard, and it shattered in 6 pieces. It was about 38 years
old then.

I won't speculate.
But you will, as this increases the strength of your trolling in this group.
Go and reply Hucker, prove my point.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 23:00:10 +0100, "James Wilkinson"
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 22:20:39 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/10/2016 4:07 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 20:55:34 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/10/2016 3:48 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

We could always speculate on the doors of the fridge freezer being
left wide
open and the compressor running 24/7. This happens.

That wouldn't break it. Turning the compressor on and off is actually
what wears it out.

And anyway nobody would leave the fridge open ALL the time.

Open wide, no. Open a little but? Yes. not hard to do.

By accident, almost impossible.

Happened twice in my house when the shelf was overstuffed and gasket did
not close.

For what total period until you noticed it and corrected the problem?

Even a 1/4" crack ca cause a lot of ice buildup.

Which would cause you to do something about it.

Yes, when you spot it the next morning.

That isn't 24/7. The 7 part is missing. The compressor won't mind a night. How do you think a freezer manages when you first put it on?

I doubt if it runs for more than 4 hours then. As I posted, I've
had the big door open an inch and my fridge probably running for 24
hours straight.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Freezer almost filled with food from room temperature with loads of food put in it at once, takes way more than 4 hours. This must happen a lot - some people buy meat in bulk or go berry picking etc, or do a lot of home baking.

--
If you're bothered by a god-botherer, does that make you god?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 18:59:21 +0100, Micky wrote:

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 13:56:51 -0400, Micky
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 19:49:00 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" writes:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 20:17:54 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Always try to keep the cost of any report proportionate to the value of the
claim and, if you can, try to agree on an expert you and the seller both
agree has the necessary expertise.

With something which receives wear and tear from the user, I agree. For example the door fell off because your kid was swinging on it. But if the compressor motor dies after 3 years, that cannot possibly have been due to user error. The compressor is sealed and not touched by the operator.

If the compressor failed because the end-user didn't ever vacuum the
coils, then what?

You're supposed to vacuum the coils!?

I was kidding here. I don't do it, but I think it's a good idea and
there could be times when it was essential.

I think I've even seen a brush designed for fridge coils.

The coils are not fine enough to be harmed by dust. The fine finned heatsinks in your computer are, they can clog right across and stop the airflow. But not fridge coils. Especially as fridge coils don't have a fan blasting the dust across to collect it.

--
A worried father confronted his daughter one night.
"I don't like that new boyfriend, he's rough and common and bloody stupid with it."
Posted to alt.home.repair

news alt.home.repair, wrote:

And a failed neutral would give a compressor zero volts across it.

https://www.nachi.org/forum/f19/open...happens-94391/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVamt9IdQd8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Q0M32puGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsSlQnGCvdg

Sure, but you are assuming the OP does not move to the UK.

Where we have proper electricity, not some shoddy piece of **** split in two.

It's amazing how critical and even vulgar you can be about a system of
elecrtricity.

It's just electricity.

But I'll have you know that 43% of the many immigrants to the US list
better electricity as a major reason they came here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

news alt.home.repair, wrote:

And a failed neutral would give a compressor zero volts across it.

https://www.nachi.org/forum/f19/open...happens-94391/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVamt9IdQd8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Q0M32puGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsSlQnGCvdg

Sure, but you are assuming the OP does not move to the UK.

Where we have proper electricity, not some shoddy piece of **** split in two.

It's amazing how critical and even vulgar you can be about a system of
elecrtricity.

Someone said fridges are damaged due to lost neutrals. Lost neutrals seem to come up a lot in discussions in places like this. Yet you just can't do that in the UK. Our wiring is simpler and requires less thickness of copper as there's less current, and we have the full 3kW available at every single outlet. I can run an extension cord and stick a 3kW heater anywhere I want to dry paint etc.

It's just electricity.

But I'll have you know that 43% of the many immigrants to the US list
better electricity as a major reason they came here.

In what way is it better? Does the food cooked with it taste nicer?

And are you referring to immigrunts from 3rd world countries where they have a powercut every week? The electricity here in the UK is more or less perfect.

--
A patient tells the Doctor, "I've been going to a faith healer, but wasn't getting any better."
The Doctor smiled and said, "And what dumb advice did this phony give you?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Always try to keep the cost of any report proportionate to the
value of the claim and, if you can, try to agree on an expert you
and the seller both agree has the necessary expertise.

With something which receives wear and tear from the user, I
agree. For example the door fell off because your kid was
swinging on it. But if the compressor motor dies after 3 years,
that cannot possibly have been due to user error. The compressor
is sealed and not touched by the operator.

If the compressor failed because the end-user didn't ever vacuum the
coils, then what?

You're supposed to vacuum the coils!?

RTFM

You are replying to a very well known troll.
Peter Hucker:- aka
Phucker.
Mr Macaw
Lieutenant Scot.
Uncle Peter
Tough Guy.
Etc, etc, etc ............

Enjoy the rants of Peter Hucker:

"I have driven a Ford Sierra 1.6 at 90mph on single track roads
with passing places in the NW of Scotland. ****ing great fun"!

"Vauxhalls and Fords are mass produced. VWs are engineered".

"I am proud of being nicked 10 times, and even prouder of talking my way out
of twice that number of offences".
"Make that 12. 9 speeding offences, 2 seatbelts, and 1 unroadworthy
vehicle".
Make that 3 seatbelt offences.

On rape:
"What is wrong is raping someone. It doesn't matter if they are an adult
or a child".
"The problem there is our prudishness. People ought to have sex with
everyone all the time".

On Jimmy Savile:
"If he had done it against their will, they would have come forwards
earlier. The fact that they didn't suggests either he did nothing at all,
or the children liked it".

"Journalists are not human".

"I don't give a **** about the law".
"**** the law".
"It's only illegal is you get caught".
"Something being illegal does not matter".
"The law is irrelevant".

"I am honest".
"Theft is illegal".
"When I was 11 I stole candles from a church".

"I have never found out the purpose of underpants".

"Women are inferior".
"Crying is unnecessary and pathetic. So is screaming. Why do women scream
when they're frightened? Perhaps they realise they're inferior and are
calling for the nearest man"?

"I believe that UFOs have visited us but not in recent times".
"I don't believe in UFOs".
"When someone says "UFO", they do not mean 4000 years ago. Then they would
just be "FO" as they hadn't invented flying yet".

"My IQ is superiour to that of most people".
"I am inferior in some ways but superior in other ways".
"I admit I should not have been born".
"Jobs are for sheeple".

"Some men are hot".

"I can sleep outside in a temperature of -20C wearing only shorts".

"I once took a dump behind some bushes and slid down a hill to wipe my
arse".

"I do not post waffling bull**** or childish insults".
"He is indeed very stupid, and easy to make fun of".

"I am currently eating a sandwich made with bread that has been in my fridge
THREE WEEKS past the sell by date. It is not dry, it is not mouldy, it is
identical to the day I bought it".

"And there's nothing wrong with jumping red lights if you don't cause an
accident"

"I don't want to drive at the speed limit. It's absurdly slow and in fact I
find it more dangerous. It's so tedious I'm in danger of falling asleep.
"Whoever made up the limits must have a really slow brain".
"I think it's stupid to follow a law which is baseless. The law on red
lights is to stop you hitting someone. If there is nobody there, you
cannot hit them".

"If the guy behind me has his lights on too bright. I let him past then
tailgate him with my full beam on until he switches his off".

"I like driving fast and scaring people".

"People who don't know how to shave don't know how to behave."

On mental health:
"Being sectioned just means you are different from others, it doesn't mean
you are wrong".

"If I wanted you to stab me with a knife and kill me, you should not get
into trouble for it".
"I would kill my sister if I thought I'd get away with it".
"I have seriously considered poisoning my father"

"I'm not what most people think of as human".

"I have an IQ of 140".
"I am seldom wrong".
"There is no reason the data stored in our heads cannot be transferred".

"I will not accept money from my neighbours for doing them a favour"
"My neighbour just paid me £40 to brush moss off the roof of her porch
extension. It took me 10 minutes."

"Pain is not harmful. The victim may well want rid of it, but it's no
reason for anyone to rush there".

"Dogs are supposed to live in packs of other dogs, running wild. Not sat in
a house all day".

"We should be allowed to do as we wish within reason. For example":
"Smoke weed in a public place, drive as fast as we like, and do both of
those stark naked. Oh and **** in public".

"Careful drivers tend to get in my way".

"I can only predict two minutes into the future".

Sociopath.
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

"As I've told you before, that's quite normal. It's just not prim and
proper like you, you silly snob".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 20:38:14 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Prudish boring old fart. Get a life.

--
Australia - 2030 ?????
HEADLINES FROM THE YEAR 2030
Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson posted for all of us...

The coils are hot. Excess dust will just burn off.

Set the wall on fire hot?

--
Tekkie