Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need new Radar Detector recommendations

On 2016-08-08 5:52 PM, T wrote:
On 08/08/2016 05:44 AM, Idlehands wrote:

Don't speed, don't get a ticket, it's pretty damn simple.

You forget there is trickery involved. That is why they are called
"speed traps". Speeds are set lower and bizarrely such that a normal
safe speed gets your lunch money taken from you (robbed)

Trickery? I think you have spent too much time in the sun without a
hat. Just because you think it's a "safe" speed doesn't make it a trick
when you exceed the posted speed limit.

Don't speed, what a simple concept.

25, then 35, then 45, then back to 25, then to 35 then 25. The
road does not change one single bit. It is a wide open desert
road. It is very easy to drift up. It is very easy to miss
the signs if you are watching the road. AND THE ROAD DOES NOT
CHANGE. It is called East Valley Road.

Two other roads are 55. The parallel roads are 45, except one,
which is 55. The roads and EXACTLY the same. You have to travel on
the 55 roads to get to them. The speed sign is just after you turn
on to them. You know, when you are watching the road because
you are turning and not watch off the road for signs. In other
words, because you are driving safely you miss the signs. And
the signs are not repeated for the entire 20 miles of the road.

One of the local ranchers put up a huge sign on his property
warning everyone that this was a speed trap. (Rumors flew
when he took it down.)

Yes, it is "trickery".

By the way, all but one county commissioner agreed with me.
One even went off on me about the tickets he had got on
on East Valley Road. I never went back and saw if he got
elected. I sure voted for him

When I have to borrow money from my saving to feed my family
and when I have to drive for a living, robbing me of my days
wages is a HUGE deal.

You remind me of all the idiots here that whine and scream about photo
radar and it cuts zero ice, pay attention and do the speed limit. If
it's your "living" then it should be second nature. Otherwise suck it
up and pay the fines, you earned them.

Oh bite me ass hole
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2016 1:38 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
they even dart around you and nearly hit
you.

The road I drive to get down to the shore has a speed limit of 65.

On occasions when I am carrying a 20' surf ski on the roof racks, I
actually set the cruise control to 65 and keep it there.

Last time I counted, I passed two vehicles: a clapped-out maxi-van
doing about 50 in the left lane, and a cab-over duce-and-a-half that was
getting blown around by the crosswinds.

Number of vehicles that passed me: 138..... and none of them slowly.

I think there is actually a safety consideration in going the speed
limit on that road in that some people whip around you and then dive
back into the lane - coming way too close..... if one of those catches
my front bumper/fender, I can see trouble...

Have you ever seen scenes in movies where men on crotch rockets race
through heavy rush hour traffic? That happened one day on my way home
from work. All I saw in my rear view was one motor cycle weaving
through cars behind me and then it whizzed past me. I didn't notice the
3 other crotch rockets behind the first one until they sped past me
weaving in and out of rush hour traffic. Scared the (blank) out of me. I
was sure I was going to drive up onto an accident in the next few minutes.

Another time I was coming home from work in heavy traffic, and I was
stuck in the far left lane and traffic wasn't going up to speed in any
lane. I couldn't change lanes and this big pickup truck got behind me.
The man driving it decided I wasn't going fast enough and decided to
pass me on my left on the narrow shoulder and he nearly side swiped me
because he was only inches from me as he was passing. If that wasn't
good enough for him he nearly hit the front of my van when he jumped in
front of me. CRAZY PEOPLE do stuff like that in rush hour traffic.

Another incident happened in the morning on my way to work. Some
nutcase was in the middle lane and I was in the left lane. They were
driving erratically and I moved a little more to the left as they were
coming up on my right. As they passed me they tossed a full large
fountain drink in a plastic cup right at my front windshield shattering
the cup and it's contents on my windshield. That time I nearly had an
accident.

Some people don't give a flip about safety, or speed limits, or even if
their actions could kill someone else. They just want to go fast.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-08-08 5:52 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Brilliant response, brilliant. Probably the same attitude you use with
the cops. Enjoy your tickets.

--
The was a old guy named binky
Whose thumb began to smell stinky

So why can't you accept that he's an idiot and move on?
Bill Jillians (Formosa'd by Checkmate)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-08-08 5:52 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Ass hole.

I complimented him. Told him I grew up around cops
and although I did not know exactly what they were suppose
to and that he did a good job and that at no time
did I fell my safety was in danger.

My beef is with sleazy politicians, not the cops

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/08/2016 08:41 PM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I learned a long time ago that it is best to let these folks "win".
Then they go blasting past and I am in safe territory again.
Well, safe, in that I get the ticket and they don't.

Wanting to change lanes, I learned that if I speed up and they
race me, to race just a little with them, then brake and they
have just cleared a nice wide open spot behind them.

:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

I pull over a lot. I still get the ticket.
They don't. Maybe I am easier to catch.

Can't say, I haven't had a speeding ticket in 30? years.

The last time I got pulled over the officer came to my window and said
"sorry, I don't have a reason to pull you over. I didn't see your license
plate. My mistake. You're free to go. Have a nice day." It was still a
stressful interuption to a date night, but we got a good laugh out of it.

The last "valid" time I got pulled over (35? years ago) I forgot to put the
new tags on my car. My bad. I had them in the glove box, so the officer
just said to put them on and sent me on my way.

I keep waiting for the day I get pulled over for holding up traffic, but so
far it hasn't happened.

My car is so old, I probably get extra credit just because it's still
running.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2016 10:57 PM, T wrote:
[...]

I'd rather get out of their way, but sometimes there's no place to GET
out of their way. Lately, I've been trying just getting in the middle
lane behind the slower semi's. That seems to work pretty well, so far.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2016 11:07 PM, HerHusband wrote:
[...]

How old is your car? Mine's 18 yrs old, but I've only been driving it
for 14 years.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-08-08 5:52 PM, T wrote:
On 08/08/2016 05:44 AM, Idlehands wrote:

Don't speed, don't get a ticket, it's pretty damn simple.

You forget there is trickery involved. That is why they are called
"speed traps". Speeds are set lower and bizarrely such that a normal
safe speed gets your lunch money taken from you (robbed)

Trickery? I think you have spent too much time in the sun without a
hat. Just because you think it's a "safe" speed doesn't make it a trick
when you exceed the posted speed limit.

Don't speed, what a simple concept.

25, then 35, then 45, then back to 25, then to 35 then 25. The
road does not change one single bit. It is a wide open desert
road. It is very easy to drift up. It is very easy to miss
the signs if you are watching the road. AND THE ROAD DOES NOT
CHANGE. It is called East Valley Road.

And it is signed. If you can't follow the signs, that's your problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/16 7:55 PM, T wrote:
On 08/08/2016 12:59 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 8/8/16 11:13 AM, wrote:

I set my cruise control to 3 miles under posted. I use the detector
for when the postings are ridiculous (speed traps). I do my damnedest
not to be part of their revenue stream, but they are tricky too.
It is all about steeling your day's wages.

I agree...

this is policing for revenue and is one of the things that needs to
change in this country to repair the relationship between citizens
and LEO.

The only folks in this country who have a problem "relationship" with
the police are lawbreakers and the wannabe thugs who threaten, much less
fight with, a cop talking to him or trying to take him into custody.

Then their mamas and the neighborhood-- or national-- agitators raise
hell that the the media rushes to cover and presents their side of the
story while neglecting the crime(s) they committed that brought them to
the cops' attention in the first place and what they did to get their
asses shot or injured.

I have never even been slightly rude to a cop. These guys will risk
their lives for me and don't even know who I am. That needs to
be honored.

My beef is with the SLEAZY POLITICIANS that tell them to go
out and rob folks instead of pitch their tax raises to the
public and let the public vote on it. Don't turn these decent young
men into robbers. They are suppose to protect us, not prey
on us.

SLEAZY---POLITICIANS: A tautology to be sure; like wet water, cold ice,
round circle...

My favorite slogan is the one about politicians and diapers both needing
to be changed regularly...and for the same reason.

--
Want to close wage gap? Step One: Change your major from Gender Studies
or Feminist Dance Therapy to Electrical Engineering.

Posted to alt.home.repair

How old is your car? Mine's 18 yrs old, but I've only
been driving it for 14 years.

It's a 1976 Rabbit, so it just turned 40 this year.

I bought it used about 28 years ago:

http://www.watsondiy.com/rabbit.htm

It's getting really rusty these days (just like me), but still gets me
where I need to go.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

25, then 35, then 45, then back to 25, then to 35 then 25. The
road does not change one single bit. It is a wide open desert
road. It is very easy to drift up. It is very easy to miss
the signs if you are watching the road. AND THE ROAD DOES NOT
CHANGE. It is called East Valley Road.

And it is signed. If you can't follow the signs, that's your
problem.

Or just drive at 25 and you'll be safe all of the various speed zones.

Sometimes speed zones don't make any sense. When I was a teenager I got a
ticket for doing 50 in a 35mph zone. It was a deserted straight stretch of
highway in an industrial area. Yeah, I was speeding, but I never understood
why the limit was so low out there when there's nothing around.

I also got pulled over one night after midnight on my way back from a date
with my girlfriend. The interstate was empty, not another car in sight. I
was driving in the left lane because the trucks had torn up the two right
lanes so bad coming up the hill. I wasn't speeding, but got a warning
ticket for driving in the "emergency" lane. Really? I'm the only car on the
road at 1am. If I see lights, I'll move out of the way. I'm sure I was just
a dumb teenager to the officer, but I still thought it was a stupid reason
to get pulled over at that hour.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 9:45:18 AM UTC-5, HerHusband wrote:
[...]

When I was a young man, I was stopped for,"Driving While Hippy". ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hippy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2016 9:34 AM, HerHusband wrote:
How old is your car? Mine's 18 yrs old, but I've only
been driving it for 14 years.

It's a 1976 Rabbit, so it just turned 40 this year.

I bought it used about 28 years ago:

http://www.watsondiy.com/rabbit.htm

It's getting really rusty these days (just like me), but still gets me
where I need to go.

We owned a 1980 Rabbit and had it for like 12 years til someone turned
left in front of my husband and totaled it.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2016 11:41 PM, Muggles wrote:

Have you ever seen scenes in movies where men on crotch rockets race
through heavy rush hour traffic? That happened one day on my way home
from work. All I saw in my rear view was one motor cycle weaving
through cars behind me and then it whizzed past me. I didn't notice the
3 other crotch rockets behind the first one until they sped past me
weaving in and out of rush hour traffic. Scared the (blank) out of me. I
was sure I was going to drive up onto an accident in the next few minutes.

Don't ever drive in the cities in Italy. Motorcycles re like
cockroaches when a light turns green and they scatter after having
bunched up in between the stopped cars.

Another incident happened in the morning on my way to work. Some
nutcase was in the middle lane and I was in the left lane. They were
driving erratically and I moved a little more to the left as they were
coming up on my right. As they passed me they tossed a full large
fountain drink in a plastic cup right at my front windshield shattering
the cup and it's contents on my windshield. That time I nearly had an
accident.

I don't condone tossing cups, but what were you doing in the left lane
if they were coming up on you? The law is, keep right except to pass.
Does not matter even if you were doing the speed limit it is a violation
when traffic is typically moving faster.

I often see people hogging the left lane going slower than the rest of
traffic. Idiots like that cause accidents. You rarely see that in
Europe as they are more likely to get ticketed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2016 10:34 AM, HerHusband wrote:
How old is your car? Mine's 18 yrs old, but I've only
been driving it for 14 years.

It's a 1976 Rabbit, so it just turned 40 this year.

I bought it used about 28 years ago:

http://www.watsondiy.com/rabbit.htm

It's getting really rusty these days (just like me), but still gets me
where I need to go.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

There is a point that old cars that survived actually go up in value to
collectors. Certainly got a good value out of your initial buy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

HerHusband posted for all of us...

[...]

The officer was just checking on you. Classic drunk behavior at that time.
Just doing his job. He gave you the warning so he could account for his
actions and perhaps provide info for other incidents in the area.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Idlehands:
If you are stupid enough to
speed, then you pay the tax.

Don't speed, don't get a ticket, it's pretty damn simple.

Two words: "Speed Trap".

Google it...
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per HerHusband:
Or just drive at 25 and you'll be safe all of the various speed zones.

Not even then.

Can't recall how many states, but it's double digits, where you can get
a ticket for "Impeding the flow of traffic" by doing the speed limit in
the left lane.

IMHO people who cruise the hammer lane need to be taught what's right
and what's wrong..... but it *will* come in the for of a ticket for,
basically, not speeding when everybody else is.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Ed Pawlowski:
I often see people hogging the left lane going slower than the rest of
traffic. Idiots like that cause accidents. You rarely see that in
Europe as they are more likely to get ticketed.

I think the term-of-art in the UK is "Lane Discipline".

It is almost universal there - and, in Germany, approaches the status of
religion.

Years ago in the USA there was as PR program called "Set The Pace For
Safety".... apparently encouraging people to cruise the hammer lane.

That did a lot of damage to the national driving IQ IMHO - although, in
recent years as speeds have increased, Lane Discipline seems to be
resurrecting itself as a commonly-accepted idea.
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2016 4:11 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per HerHusband:
Or just drive at 25 and you'll be safe all of the various speed zones.

Not even then.

Can't recall how many states, but it's double digits, where you can get
a ticket for "Impeding the flow of traffic" by doing the speed limit in
the left lane.

IMHO people who cruise the hammer lane need to be taught what's right
and what's wrong..... but it *will* come in the for of a ticket for,
basically, not speeding when everybody else is.

I still chuckle when I think of this. On my way to work I use the
interstate for about 11 miles. Been taking this route for 26 years and I
know where the police sit, potentially 3 different spots.

Speed limit is 65 and I set the cruise control at 70. One morning was
was in the left lane at 70 while the right lane was cruising at 68 to 69
so I was slowly passing other cars. A guy comes up behind me and was
very impatient. I knew we were approaching of the the curves where they
sit so I did not speed up. Finally, I moved over when I could and the
guy whips around me, gives me the finger and 50 yards later the flashing
lights come on. I'd love to know what he was thinking then. Past that
spot I bump the CC up to 75.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/09/2016 07:45 AM, HerHusband wrote:
Or just drive at 25 and you'll be safe all of the various speed zones.

I do exactly that. Set cruise control for 25 and pull over A LOT.
When the radar detector goes off, I will sometimes pull over
and wait for the highway robbers to pass. Depends on the
road. Other time when the detector goes off, I will throttle
down from 5 under to 15 under as it is the officer's judgment
as to who is going how fast and I want to make it obvious it isn't me.

And, I still occasionally get my lunch money taken. SLEAZY POLITICIANS!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/09/2016 06:14 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
And it is signed.

Where if you take you eyes off the road you crash or the road
bores you so to death your speed creeps up or you can't
remember what it was 10 miles ago and just keep up with traffic.
The Revenuers can be really tricky. That is why supplemental
technology is needed.

This is all about the money. SLEAZY POLITICIANS!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/09/2016 01:08 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Idlehands:
If you are stupid enough to
speed, then you pay the tax.

Don't speed, don't get a ticket, it's pretty damn simple.

Two words: "Speed Trap".

Google it...

well stated
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/09/2016 06:45 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
My favorite slogan is the one about politicians and diapers both needing
to be changed regularly...and for the same reason.

1 +++++++++++++++++++++

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Idlehands:
If you are stupid enough to
speed, then you pay the tax.

Don't speed, don't get a ticket, it's pretty damn simple.

Two words: "Speed Trap".

Google it...

What part of don't speed is escaping you? Do the limit and there is no
"trap".

Do I get tickets, yes. Why? Because I was speeding. Pay the ticket,
slow down, move on.

It's called taking responsibility for one's actions.

--
The was a old guy named binky
Whose thumb began to smell stinky
He made his mom gasp, pulling it out of his ass
And stuck it in his mouth like a Twinkie.
Anonymous

So why can't you accept that he's an idiot and move on?
Bill Jillians (Formosa'd by Checkmate)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 7:21:22 PM UTC-5, Idlehands wrote:
Per Idlehands:
If you are stupid enough to
speed, then you pay the tax.

Don't speed, don't get a ticket, it's pretty damn simple.

Two words: "Speed Trap".

Google it...

What part of don't speed is escaping you? Do the limit and there is no
"trap".

Do I get tickets, yes. Why? Because I was speeding. Pay the ticket,
slow down, move on.

It's called taking responsibility for one's actions.
--

The last time I got a traffic ticket, I showed up to court in my walker. Case Dismissed. To be the most accurate, the ticket was for an expired tag on a vehicle belonging to a moron friend who failed to put the new year sticker on his tag. I presented the receipt for the new year tag sticker and there was no fine. It gave me an idea, I haven't driven since I wound up in a wheelchair but if the physical terrorists get me walking in a walker again, I'll show up in court if I get a ticket not only in a walker but dragging a big oxygen tank and carrying a grocery bag of medications. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ticket Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2016 8:33 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

The last time I got a traffic ticket, I showed up to court in my walker. Case Dismissed. To be the most accurate, the ticket was for an expired tag on a vehicle belonging to a moron friend who failed to put the new year sticker on his tag. I presented the receipt for the new year tag sticker and there was no fine. It gave me an idea, I haven't driven since I wound up in a wheelchair but if the physical terrorists get me walking in a walker again, I'll show up in court if I get a ticket not only in a walker but dragging a big oxygen tank and carrying a grocery bag of medications. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ticket Monster

First time I went to traffic court was many years ago in Philadelphia.
There was well over 100 people there.
Bailiff: All stand. The honorable Judge Joe Schmoe presiding
Judge: How do you plead?
100+ defendants: Not Guilty!
Judge: Dismissed.

Second trip to traffic court.
Watched and waited for my name to be called.
Finally, name called and I headed up to the judge stand
Court Stenographer: With a name like that it should be sismissed
Judge: Dismissed

Not sure what happened but I'll take it. I went to high school with a
guy that wanted to be a court stenographer. Maybe he was and saw my name.

Decades later in a different state. Daughter got a speeding ticket. A
cop she knew told her to go to court. She did and it was tossed out.
On the way to court though, she got another ticket.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On 8/9/2016 8:21 PM, Idlehands wrote:
What part of don't speed is escaping you? Do the limit and there is no "trap".

Do I get tickets, yes. Why? Because I was speeding. Pay the ticket, slow down, move on.

It's called taking responsibility for one's actions.

That is sooooooo unamerican!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2016 6:37 PM, T wrote:
On 08/09/2016 06:14 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
And it is signed.

Where if you take you eyes off the road you crash or the road
bores you so to death your speed creeps up or you can't
remember what it was 10 miles ago and just keep up with traffic.
The Revenuers can be really tricky. That is why supplemental
technology is needed.

This is all about the money. SLEAZY POLITICIANS!

Sounds like driving is too mentally challenging for you.
For the safety of others, maybe you should consider surrendering your license?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-08-09 7:28 PM, Joe wrote:

On 8/9/2016 8:21 PM, Idlehands wrote:
What part of don't speed is escaping you? Do the limit and there is
no "trap".

Do I get tickets, yes. Why? Because I was speeding. Pay the ticket,
slow down, move on.

It's called taking responsibility for one's actions.

That is sooooooo unamerican!

There's a good reason for that

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2016 6:34 PM, T wrote:
I do exactly that. Set cruise control for 25 and pull over A LOT.
When the radar detector goes off, I will sometimes pull over
and wait for the highway robbers to pass. Depends on the
road. Other time when the detector goes off, I will throttle
down from 5 under to 15 under as it is the officer's judgment
as to who is going how fast and I want to make it obvious it isn't me.

Stop whining!
Sometimes you gotta just roll over, bite the pillow and take it like a man.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2016 9:33 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 8/9/2016 6:37 PM, T wrote:
On 08/09/2016 06:14 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
And it is signed.

Where if you take you eyes off the road you crash or the road
bores you so to death your speed creeps up or you can't
remember what it was 10 miles ago and just keep up with traffic.
The Revenuers can be really tricky. That is why supplemental
technology is needed.

This is all about the money. SLEAZY POLITICIANS!

Sounds like driving is too mentally challenging for you.
For the safety of others, maybe you should consider surrendering your
license?

But speed alone has never killed anyone. You have to do it responsibly
though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/09/2016 06:39 PM, Father Guido Sarducci wrote:
On 8/9/2016 6:34 PM, T wrote:
I do exactly that. Set cruise control for 25 and pull over A LOT.
When the radar detector goes off, I will sometimes pull over
and wait for the highway robbers to pass. Depends on the
road. Other time when the detector goes off, I will throttle
down from 5 under to 15 under as it is the officer's judgment
as to who is going how fast and I want to make it obvious it isn't me.

Stop whining!

NO!!! I like to whine! (Although, I would characterize what I have
been doing as "bitching".)

Sometimes you gotta just roll over, bite the pillow and take it like a man.

You are right there. There comes a time when bitching doesn't help.

I do go to great lengths to avoid speeding and speeding tickets. And
sometimes a little extra technology doesn't hurt either.

If I am speeding, it is only by accident. The radar detector is a
great nag device. Its job is to say: "HAY STUPID! PAY ATTENTION!!!
Or some nice young fellow with a badge and a gun is going to steel
your days wages!!!"

You certainly can't use a radar detector to get away with deliberate
speeding. They are just not that good.

Oh and don't laugh at him when he gets out of his car, sorry
'vehicle', and has to pull his pants up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2016 6:37 PM, T wrote:
On 08/09/2016 06:14 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
And it is signed.

Where if you take you eyes off the road you crash or the road
bores you so to death your speed creeps up or you can't
remember what it was 10 miles ago and just keep up with traffic.
The Revenuers can be really tricky. That is why supplemental
technology is needed.

This is all about the money. SLEAZY POLITICIANS!

Sounds like driving is too mentally challenging for you.
For the safety of others, maybe you should consider surrendering your
license?

But speed alone has never killed anyone. You have to do it responsibly though.

True! It's the sudden deceleration that is often deadly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

T writes:
On 08/09/2016 06:14 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
And it is signed.

Where if you take you eyes off the road you crash or the road

That should be "your eyes".

IME the signs are arranged such that they can easily be
read without taking ones eyes off the road, your hyperbole notwithstanding.

bores you so to death your speed creeps up or you can't
remember what it was 10 miles ago and just keep up with traffic.
The Revenuers can be really tricky. That is why supplemental
technology is needed.

You're blaming them for _your_ failure. That's what I call sleazy.

This is all about the money. SLEAZY POLITICIANS!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/10/2016 06:22 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
T writes:
On 08/09/2016 06:14 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
And it is signed.

Where if you take you eyes off the road you crash or the road

That should be "your eyes".

IME the signs are arranged such that they can easily be
read without taking ones eyes off the road, your hyperbole notwithstanding.

bores you so to death your speed creeps up or you can't
remember what it was 10 miles ago and just keep up with traffic.
The Revenuers can be really tricky. That is why supplemental
technology is needed.

You're blaming them for _your_ failure. That's what I call sleazy.

Oh brother. And you have driven these roads when? Speed
traps around these parts is a hot issues under everyone's
collar. You don't live here; you have no knowledge other
that what I tell you.

I don't speed. I go to great lengths not to speed.
The SLEAZY POLITICIANS go to great lengths to try to
trick us so they can get the fines.

Technology -- cruise control, radar detector -- goes
a long way to protect you against their trickery

This is all about the money. SLEAZY POLITICIANS!

Here is a list of traps:
http://www.speedtrap.org/

I just to submitted East Valley Road, Mottsville Road, and
Centerville Lane. Hopefully, the additions will keep
others from being robbed by a badge and a gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

T posted for all of us...

On 8/9/2016 6:34 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Yeah that 35 lb's of equipment can be a drag.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Ed Pawlowski:
Finally, I moved over when I could and the
guy whips around me, gives me the finger and 50 yards later the flashing
lights come on. I'd love to know what he was thinking then. Past that
spot I bump the CC up to 75.

My brother had a similar experience karma-wise. He was waiting in a
long line of stopped traffic and this Very Important Person in a very
expensive sports car passes him at speed going down the breakdown lane.

Some time later, traffic started moving again and he passed the sports
car: hubcap deep in the freshly-poured concrete....

Kind of warms the heart...
--
Pete Cresswell